The Green Hornet

12 Jan 2011 17:49 #1 by ScienceChic
The Green Hornet was created by ScienceChic
The first review's out! It opens this Friday and I will post more as they become available. I'm looking forward to this, though not as much as The Green Lantern!
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48043
Nordling buzzes about THE GREEN HORNET
Published on: Jan 12, 2011 1:06:21 CST

THE GREEN HORNET’s worth your time. Funny, action-packed, and visually interesting, Michel Gondry’s made a mainstream film that shoots for the cheap seats but manages to hit his target most of the time. Seth Rogen and Jay Chou are a really good team and I’d like to see them on further adventures now that the origin’s been dispensed with. It’s clever without being annoying about it, and a good night at the movies, which in these troubled times may be just the ticket for many of us. Go see it.

Edit to add: missed one
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48012
Harry tells you to get out there and see THE GREEN HORNET!!!
Published on: Jan 11, 2011 11:02:09 CST

it is most definitely a Seth Rogen vehicle – so if you’re tired of him, I’m not sure this will be your cup of tea, but you’ll be missing out on pure awesome from Jay Chou and Christoph Waltz. Oh – and the funniest scene at Cameron Diaz’s expense that I’ve seen in a film… ever. So f#@^#!* wrong and funny. It feels odd that this is a January release. It’s way better than its date.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jan 2011 10:28 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic The Green Hornet
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48068
Capone gladly takes a sting from THE GREEN HORNET!!!
Published on: Jan 14, 2011 9:35:38 CST

THE GREEN HORNET is a great deal of fun as both a comedy and adventure film, and it takes the Goldberg-Rogen writing experience into yet another film genre (after covering coming-of-age films in SUPERBAD and stoner comedies in THE PINEAPPLE EXPRESS). Some of this material was covered in Kick-Ass, but having grown men in costumes with no powers tackle bad guys is clearly their take on the BATMAN-style superhero film. I'd ask that you don't dismiss or trash the film until after you've seen it. If you don't like it, cool, but at least have an informed opinion in the month of January. I think you'll dig it.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

13 Feb 2011 18:21 #3 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic The Green Hornet
Saw it today finally: good, but not great. Dragged a lot, got annoying. Definitely matinee worthy and rent before buying to make sure you like it well enough to own.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds