FOUND: Gene Roddenberry's original 1964 pitch for Star Trek!

30 Jan 2011 15:23 #1 by CinnamonGirl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Jan 2011 20:37 #2 by ScienceChic
You Are A GODDESS!!! I'm in Trekkie heaven! :woo hoo: I knew the original captain's name and ship name, but not the rest. Oh, it's gonna be fun reading that! Love you CG!!!!! KissyFace:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

05 Sep 2011 18:29 #3 by ScienceChic

http://theinvisibleagent.wordpress.com/ ... heet-1966/
Star Trek NBC Sales Pilot Sell Sheet 1966
June 16, 2011

In a time when deleted scenes truly ended up on the cutting room floor, television networks didn’t have the option to simply messenger out DVD’s to advertising agency’s. Booklet’s were sent out in lieu of screening order to build excitement about new shows and convince advertisers to purchase commercial time. A colleague of mine was in possession of the Star Trek Booklet from season 1, and I had the opportunity to scan the contents. See below, and stay tuned for more….

[youtube:2uixbacd]
[/youtube:2uixbacd]
Star Trek - Shatner and Nimoy " 1966 Interviews"

1966 NBC Star Trek Promo

STAR TREK cheer TV Commercial 1969 Unusual

Leonard Nimoy & William Shatner in Western Airlines Commercial - 1985

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

11 Dec 2011 21:45 #4 by ScienceChic
Oops, I thought I'd posted this already, but can't find it now. Not long ago, William Shatner opened the floodgates by mocking Star Wars. It wasn't well received by Carrie Fisher, who responded with her own video, to which Shatner got personal (never tell a woman that she won't fit into the bikini she wore over 30 years ago). The whole exchange can be seen here:
http://www.masslive.com/entertainment/i ... lliam.html
Star Wars vs. Star Trek: William Shatner and Carrie Fisher battle in war of words for sci-fi franchise supremacy
Published: Wednesday, November 30, 2011
By Patrick Johnson, The Republican

When Captain Kirk of "Star Trek" and Princess Leia of "Star Wars" slug it out in a war of words, was there any chance in this crazy, mixed-up, SEO-driven media world that no one would notice?

Yeah, right.

The feud got off to a start when Shatner in a recent interview set his phasers on ridicule to blast a few holes in the Star Wars mystique.

Caution: mild adult content may be contained in some videos in this link
Video 1 of 3
[youtube:231plo2x]
[/youtube:231plo2x]

Now, George Takei has stepped in to broker the peace! (I follow him on Facebook cuz he's hilarious - he posted earlier today "Battlestations! In just under one hour, my video covering the recent feud between Star Trek and Star Wars goes live. Hope you check back then and share it with friends across Facebookland and the Twitterverse."). This is a common threat that I can get behind to fight! :biggrin: I hope you enjoy a chuckle like I did. lol
http://www.allegiancemusical.com/video/ ... -star-wars
George Takei Brokers a Peace Between Warring Sci-Fi Fans to Face a Common Threat

One of the pics on Takei's FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

"Fans often misinterpret good-natured ribbing among colleagues for mean-spiritedness. We in the Star Trek franchise have all been around too long to take ourselves that seriously." -George Takei

And if you haven't watched this, it's kinda neat.

12 Dec 2011 23:40 #5 by ScienceChic
LOL! Bring it on Twi-hards! It's silly, but it's worth playing along, having some fun, and lightening the holiday stress!

http://www.eonline.com/news/feud_alert_ ... ght/279969
Feud Alert! Mr. Sulu Smacks Down Twilight: "It Is Really, Really Bad"
Today 7:36 AM PST by Gina Serpe

George Takei is boldly going where no one has gone before. Well, where no one has gone before and come out not torn to shreds by the legions of Twi-hards.

"Fellow Star folks, cool it down and shut your big wormholes," implores Takei in a video uploaded to YouTube. What's needed today now more than ever is star peace, for there is an ominous, mutual threat to all science fiction. It's called Twilight and it is really, really bad." "Gone is any sense of heroism, camaraderie or epic battles. In its place, we have vampires that sparkle, moan and go to high school."

Uh, something tells us he may not be living so long or prosperously after Twilight fans catch wind of this.

11 Apr 2013 21:45 #6 by ScienceChic
Just in case Jekyll missed this thread, I had to bump it when I saw this ring... :happier: No one ever loved me enough to get me a ring like this. :(: lol

File Attachment:

From the I Was Born to Be a TREKKIE / TREKKER Facebook page

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds