Lynwood Park - ‘Everything that a hungry, tired hiker could want’

14 Sep 2018 18:06 #1 by CanyonCourier
Kulenburg knows there are only a few reasons her husband, Bill, would call her while she is en route to the Rolling Creek trailhead. The most likely? There are more hikers. Just as she expected, that’s it.

The Kulenburgs have the sole hostel on the trail from Waterton Canyon to Breckenridge. Their peaceful lodge along the South Platte River is a necessary break from trail life for the tired through-hiker.

Lynwood Park was not always meant to be a shelter for hikers. It was, and still is, a bed and breakfast and wedding venue.

Photo by Sara Hertwig
Lyn Kulenburg, one of the owners of Lynwood Park, watches as Will Woolever hangs his rain fly over the deck to dry.

After arriving at Lynwood Park, Will Woolever, a hiker from Georgia, intended to be sociable and chat with Bill and Lyn, but the thought of a warm shower quickly distracted him.

“That was probably my most enjoyable shower that I’ve ever taken,” Woolever said. “Bill and Lyn have been fantastic. They’ve got everything that a hungry, tired hiker could want here. And it was a real blessing to be able to take a shower and throw my stinky load of clothes in the laundry and go grab a cheeseburger and a beer in town.”

Read more here: www.canyoncourier.com/content/%E2%80%98e...-could-want%E2%80%99
By Deborah Swearingen
Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Canyon Courier is your source for local news, sports, events, and information in Evergreen, CO, and the surrounding area.
www.canyoncourier.com
Subscribe to help support your local news!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds