Our Readers Write

28 Sep 2018 17:38 #1 by CanyonCourier
Enough is enough

Editor:
Responsible journalism includes diverse viewpoints. That is why I was pleased to read Steve Posner’s column this past week. This was a much-needed response to what I believe for many months has been one-sided commentary in the Canyon Courier attacking those with liberal/progressive views.

Instead of ridiculing or demeaning views from the “other side,” I applaud Posner’s call to argue intelligently together. What follows are what I believe people on “both” sides could agree on: www.canyoncourier.com/content/our-readers-write-254

Other topics:
Vote for Amendment 73 to help public education
FEDP promises a public process when new dog-park site is found
Paving Main Street shows no need for more government
Things Posner forgot
Statistics show no jump in jobs
Jeffco mill and bond are important for teachers, kids

Canyon Courier is your source for local news, sports, events, and information in Evergreen, CO, and the surrounding area.
www.canyoncourier.com
Subscribe to help support your local news!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Oct 2018 17:26 #2 by CanyonCourier
Replied by CanyonCourier on topic Our Readers Write
Community Voices: How much is enough: recreation facilities in Evergreen
By Kit Darrow
Thursday, October 18, 2018
Regarding ballot issues 6C and 6D, the Aug. 29, 2018, issue of the Canyon Courier offers a quote from an Evergreen Park & Recreation board member: “It’s up to folks who are supportive … to mobilize and get the word out.” The purpose of this column is to provide information to voters who have yet to decide on this issue.

Read more: www.canyoncourier.com/content/community-...facilities-evergreen

Canyon Courier is your source for local news, sports, events, and information in Evergreen, CO, and the surrounding area.
www.canyoncourier.com
Subscribe to help support your local news!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds