Our Readers Write

12 Oct 2018 17:42 #1 by ColumbineCourier
Support public education by voting for Amendment 73, 5A/B
Editor:
As a former financial analyst, business executive, and public school teacher and principal, I am blessed with multiple perspectives on school funding.

Before us are Colorado Amendment 73 and Jeffco Ballot Questions 5A and 5B, which are asking for more funding for public schools.

Having worked in multiple roles inside Jeffco Schools for 20 years, I’ve seen first-hand how funds are used responsibly, administrative expenses and salaries are low compared with similarly-sized organizations, and teachers make enormous sacrifices financially and emotionally on behalf of students. We owe it to the future of our community to support reasonable funding measures.
Ian Stone
Littleton

Support for well-funded public school system
Editor:
Recent letters written by Maureen Sielaff and Eric Smith state that Jeffco voters want to ensure fair salaries for teachers yet want assurances that the money from their increased taxes for the Jeffco Schools mill-levy question 5A will not be spent on administrators.

The answer is in the voter Ballot Information Booklets that were mailed in September. These booklets have the full legal text of the ballot questions, including the pros and cons of the measures.

I am a retired Jeffco teacher with a limited income and no longer have a child in Jeffco schools as both my sons have already graduated, and I will be voting yes for 5A and 5B.

I believe that supporting a well-funded public school system will help strengthen our great county with an educated populace. Great care went into creating the restrictions and accountability measures so that the Jeffco community will have assurances that the money is spent as promised.

Gail Kramer
Littleton

Read more here: www.columbinecourier.com/content/our-readers-write-162
Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 6:45 pm

Founded in 1989, the Columbine Courier is your source for local news, sports, events, and information in South Jefferson County, Colorado, and the surrounding area.
www.columbinecourier.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds