Mother charged with vehicular homicide in crash that killed 2-year-old daughter

25 Jan 2019 18:58 #1 by CanyonCourier
A Westminster mother has been charged with vehicular homicide after she reportedly caused a crash on Interstate 70 that killed her 2-year-old daughter and injured herself and two others.

Samantha Maestas, 29, has had charges filed against her for an Aug. 10 crash on I-70 between the Genesee and Lookout Mountain exits. Maestas was allegedly under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol at the time of the crash.

A warrant was issued for her arrest on Jan. 19, and bond has been set at $15,000.

Pam Russell, spokeswoman for the DA's office, explained that, while the crash occurred in August, Colorado State Patrol investigators recently filed the charges after doing a technical reconstruction of the crash and having Maestas' blood tested for drugs and alcohol.

Read more here: www.canyoncourier.com/content/mother-cha...-2-year-old-daughter
By Corinne Westeman
Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Canyon Courier is your source for local news, sports, events, and information in Evergreen, CO, and the surrounding area.
www.canyoncourier.com
Subscribe to help support your local news!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Aug 2019 18:42 #2 by CanyonCourier
Mother receives probation for I-70 crash that killed daughter

A Westminster mother who caused the August 2018 Interstate 70 crash that killed her 2-year-old daughter has been sentenced to three years in the Jeffco jail work release program as well as three years of probation.

Samantha Maestas, 29, pleaded guilty to all charges in June, including vehicular homicide-DUI and child abuse resulting in death, both class 3 felonies.

Subscribe and read more here: www.canyoncourier.com/content/mother-rec...rash-killed-daughter
By Corinne Westeman
Thursday, August 1, 2019

Canyon Courier is your source for local news, sports, events, and information in Evergreen, CO, and the surrounding area.
www.canyoncourier.com
Subscribe to help support your local news!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds