Conifer, Evergreen social groups bring residents together

08 Feb 2019 16:58 #1 by CanyonCourier
Two area organizations are working to providing a community for retirees in the foothills.

Conifer Newcomers & Neighbors and Evergreen Newcomers and Neighbors — both with members ranging in age from the 30s to 80s — tend to attract those 55 and older, creating a network of friendships and activities.

The groups are part social clubs, part networking, part support. They are places where area residents can meet others. Contrary to their names, both groups are more about neighbors getting together no matter how long they have lived in the foothills.

Subgroups are available for men, women and couples from outdoor activities such as hiking and snowshoeing to wine groups, book clubs, card-playing and social groups that have lunch or breakfast together. The possibilities are endless.

Bobbi Penberthy has lived in Bailey for 19 years and been a member of CN&N for nine years. “I wish I had gotten involved earlier, she said. “I felt so isolated after retiring. I wasn’t used to having women friends and things to do. There’s a lot of support here.”

Read more here: www.canyoncourier.com/content/conifer-ev...g-residents-together
By Deb Hurley Brobst
Tuesday, February 5, 2019

WANT TO GO?
Evergreen Newcomers and Neighbors has 450 members and a variety of subgroups. The organization also meets monthly for a social hour. Dues are $30 per household or $20 for an individual, plus there may be additional expenses for some subgroups. For more information, visit www.evergreennewcomers.com .

Conifer Newcomers & Neighbors has 170 members and a variety of subgroups. The group meets at 9 a.m. the first Friday of the month at Our Lady of the Pines. There are also volunteer opportunities organizing the yearly Holiday Boutique. Dues are $25, plus there may be additional expenses for some subgroups. For more information, visit www.conifernewcomers.org .

Canyon Courier is your source for local news, sports, events, and information in Evergreen, CO, and the surrounding area.
www.canyoncourier.com
Subscribe to help support your local news!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds