Stakeholders finalizing Virginia Canyon park's master plan

31 May 2019 13:57 #1 by ClearCreekCourant
With a lot of work and a little bit of luck, Idaho Springs hopes to start building or formalizing the first 3.5 miles of trails in Virginia Canyon Mountain Park by summer 2020.

On May 13, the city presented the trail designs for Phase I and other information about the park at a community meeting. This was the final community meeting for the park’s master plan, which was discussed at a City Council work session on May 28 and likely will be finalized by early June.

Phase I will include about 3.5 miles of trails that will create a loop. Hikers and cyclists will share an uphill trail, and then each user group will have its own downhill trail, City Planner Alan Tiefenbach said.

The entire park will have nearly 13 miles of trails, which will be built in sections, starting with Phase I, where the trail starts at the Argo Mill and will go up Rosa Gulch to a ridge and then back down.

Subscribe and read more here: www.clearcreekcourant.com/content/stakeh...on-parks-master-plan
By Corinne Westeman
Wednesday, May 29, 2019

The Clear Creek Courant is your source for local news, sports, events, and information in Clear Creek County, Colorado, and the surrounding area.
Clear Creek Courant | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. | 303-350-1030
P.O. Box 2020, Idaho Springs, CO 80452
Office Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Subscribe Today!
www.facebook.com/ClearCreekCourant
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds