Putting their best Bigfoot forward

31 May 2019 17:25 #1 by CanyonCourier
The owner of The Sasquatch Outpost is working toward his latest Bigfoot-related goal: a docudrama filmed locally.

Jim Myers, who opened his store off Bailey’s Main Street some six years ago, has been a Bigfoot believer for most of his life but has always been disappointed in the portrayal of Bigfoot in movies.

“I’ve always thought: You know, someone needs to make a really good Bigfoot movie,” Myers said. “And by good, I mean one that actually shows the research that people are doing all over the country … and is also a really good movie.

“Our saying is if Alfred Hitchcock made a Bigfoot movie, we would want this to be it,” he added.

Subscribe and read more here: www.canyoncourier.com/content/putting-th...best-bigfoot-forward
By Deborah Swearingen
Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Canyon Courier is your source for local news, sports, events, and information in Evergreen, CO, and the surrounding area.
www.canyoncourier.com
Subscribe to help support your local news!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Nov 2019 13:14 #2 by Mountain-News-Events
The Bigfoot evangelist: Inside Colorado's Sasquatch museum and the mind of a believer
By Amanda Hancock, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Oct 27, 2019

Bailey • You want Jim Myers to be weirder than he is.

Standing behind the counter of his store, he wears an Auburn University baseball cap and he pets his dog, Tezi, who is shy around most people. Myers kindly looks in your eyes when he talks. He helps a customer adjust a newly purchased hiking pole.

The way Myers talks, you might forget you’re not just in any store. But that would be hard because of the life-size Bigfoot statue that greets visitors when they step in the Sasquatch Outpost.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds