An ass-ertive finish: Mini burro with ‘magical powers’ wins again

07 Jun 2019 14:55 #1 by ClearCreekCourant
IDAHO SPRINGS — Donkeys tend to get a bad rap for being lazy or difficult. Over Memorial Day weekend in Georgetown and Idaho Springs, however, several dozen of Colorado’s finest animal athletes proved the haters wrong when they competed in the mountain towns’ burro races.

On May 26, seven burros stunned the competition when they all finished within 15 seconds of each other in a crazy finish on the nearly six-mile course.

Although Palmer Lake’s Joe Polonsky was the first human to cross the finish line, he didn’t win the race. Because the race results are determined by the burro’s finish, he and his sidekick Jake narrowly lost by a second. Instead, Crazy Horse and his human Andrew Knutsen pulled out the insane win.

“I knew that there were a couple guys behind me, but I didn’t think one of those mini donkeys that always seems to have some magical powers would come across,” Polonsky said.

Read more here: www.clearcreekcourant.com/content/ass-er...%E2%80%99-wins-again
By Alissa Noe
Tuesday, June 4, 2019

The Clear Creek Courant is your source for local news, sports, events, and information in Clear Creek County, Colorado, and the surrounding area.
Clear Creek Courant | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. | 303-350-1030
P.O. Box 2020, Idaho Springs, CO 80452
Office Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Subscribe Today!
www.facebook.com/ClearCreekCourant
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds