Evergreen resident wins title in mountain bike championships

07 Jun 2019 17:23 #1 by CanyonCourier
Evergreen has a mountain bike national champion.

Natalie Raborn, 41, traveled to Texas in May to compete in the 2019 Marathon Mountain Bike National Championships, and she won in the 40+ age category.

“With about 30 minutes to go, a girl caught me, and I found out later that she was from the area, so she knew the trails really well,” Raborn recounted. “At that point, I made the decision to stick behind her and follow her because she knew the trails better. I felt relatively confident because I felt really good that I would out-sprint her at the finish line.”

Originally from Brisbane, Australia, Natalie works as a personal trainer, bike coach and mediator with her own company, High Road Coaching. She first came to the U.S. in 1995 to play basketball for the University of Denver and stayed.

Just two years ago, she became a U.S. citizen. She said winning her first race as a citizen last month was exhilarating.

Subscribe and read more here: www.canyoncourier.com/content/evergreen-...n-bike-championships
Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Canyon Courier is your source for local news, sports, events, and information in Evergreen, CO, and the surrounding area.
www.canyoncourier.com
Subscribe to help support your local news!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds