Weekend in the West benefits Bootstraps

14 Jun 2019 18:32 #1 by CanyonCourier
There were plenty of horses in the arena at Lucky Penny Ranch, but not the kind that usually pace the dirt. These horses were in the dozens of paintings lining the walls for the second annual Weekend in the West art show and auction.

Two dozen local artists donated their skill and time to the event, which benefited Bootstraps, an organization dedicated to providing financial assistance for Evergreen and Conifer students to pursue academic careers.

Gail Sharp, the owner of the Lucky Penny Ranch near Three Sisters Park, said she was thrilled to donate the use of her property for the second year in a row. She said she loves being able to use her land to help out Bootstraps. “It’s a win-win,” she said. “It’s joyful for me. I get to walk around my own place and watch people enjoy it.”

Saturday’s auction and art show featured not only dozens of paintings by local Western artists, but sculptures as well. Maeve Eichelberger takes pride in her unique style: crafting scaled-down Western saddles from Plexiglass.

Read more here: www.canyoncourier.com/content/weekend-west-benefits-bootstraps
By Alex Purcell For the Courier
June 11, 2019

Canyon Courier is your source for local news, sports, events, and information in Evergreen, CO, and the surrounding area.
www.canyoncourier.com
Subscribe to help support your local news!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds