4-H campers discover history’s mysteries at local sites

21 Jun 2019 12:03 #1 by ClearCreekCourant
The train departed, as 19 campers set off to discover what treasures — both physical and educational — might be beneath the surface of the earth. Along with little bits of gold, the campers discovered that had they been at the same site 150 years ago, they would’ve been working in the mine rather than visiting it.

Nineteen kids aged 10 to 12 from Clear Creek, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties participated in the annual 4-H Mountain to Metro Overnight Adventure Camp, which ran June 11-13.

While the group camped overnight in Evergreen last week, the youngsters visited several historical sites in Clear Creek County, including the Georgetown Loop Railroad, the Everett Mine and the Hamill House. Chris Crouse, a camp organizer with Clear Creek’s 4-H program, said the sites fit well with this year’s theme of “Mystery History.”

Subscribe and read more here: www.clearcreekcourant.com/content/4-h-ca...ysteries-local-sites
By Corinne Westeman
Tuesday, June 18, 2019

The Clear Creek Courant is your source for local news, sports, events, and information in Clear Creek County, Colorado, and the surrounding area.
Clear Creek Courant | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. | 303-350-1030
P.O. Box 2020, Idaho Springs, CO 80452
Office Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Subscribe Today!
www.facebook.com/ClearCreekCourant
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds