Construction starts on westbound I-70 express lane

19 Jul 2019 15:51 #1 by ClearCreekCourant
Once it’s complete in the spring of 2021, the Westbound Interstate 70 Mountain Express Lane will give Clear Creek residents and visitors their time back.

At least, that’s the hope that government officials, including County Commissioner Randy Wheelock, expressed at the project’s groundbreaking ceremony Thursday morning in downtown Idaho Springs.

“(This project) gives us back our time and our money,” Wheelock said.

Gov. Jared Polis described the interstate as the lifeblood of mountain communities, and the more time people sit in traffic, the less time they have to enjoy the state’s natural beauty. Because Clear Creek is an area that has the most traffic, it’s an area that needs the most relief, he said.

Subscribe and read more here: www.clearcreekcourant.com/content/constr...nd-i-70-express-lane
By Corinne Westeman
Tuesday, July 16, 2019

The Clear Creek Courant is your source for local news, sports, events, and information in Clear Creek County, Colorado, and the surrounding area.
Clear Creek Courant | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. | 303-350-1030
P.O. Box 2020, Idaho Springs, CO 80452
Office Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Subscribe Today!
www.facebook.com/ClearCreekCourant
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds