DAR awards Louise Mounsey with Conservation Medal

22 Nov 2019 17:14 #1 by CanyonCourier
Louise Mounsey has worn many hats throughout the years: gardener and a founder of the Evergreen Garden Club; birder and a founder of Evergreen Audubon; and as an all-around conservation enthusiast.

In appreciation of her years of service to the community, the Daughters of the American Revolution awarded the 97-year-old with the Conservation Medal for her extraordinary volunteerism. The national award was presented at a meeting of the local Mountain Rendezvous Chapter last week.

After receiving the certificate and a pin, Mounsey told the group: “This award leaves me speechless. I’m honored to receive this recognition. … I hope my story will inspire others to practice conservation wherever they live. Everyone can do something; everyone must do something.”

In addition to the garden club and Audubon, Mounsey assumed leadership roles in the Wilderness Society, Colorado Open Space Council, the Mountain Area Planning Council, Protect Our Mountain Environment, Holy Cross Wilderness Defense Fund and the Evergreen chapter of Trout Unlimited.

Mounsey’s daughter, Diana Donovan, called it wonderful that someone who quietly did so much for the community was being recognized for her efforts, while Mounsey’s granddaughter, state Sen. Kerry Donovan, called her grandmother a servant-leader.

Read more here: www.canyoncourier.com/content/dar-awards...y-conservation-medal
By Deb Hurley Brobst
Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Canyon Courier is your source for local news, sports, events, and information in Evergreen, CO, and the surrounding area.
www.canyoncourier.com
Subscribe to help support your local news!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds