Rolling road closures starting on I-70 for rock mitigation

06 Dec 2019 17:03 #1 by ClearCreekCourant
Those traveling on either side of Interstate 70 during weekdays should anticipate travel delays as the Colorado Department of Transportation begins rockfall mitigation work in west Idaho Springs and east Dumont.

According to CDOT spokeswoman Tamara Rollison, rockfall mitigation work begins Wednesday near mile marker 239 — or west Idaho Springs — and similar work begins Monday near mile marker 236 — east Dumont. The latter site is the area where two rockslides occurred the week of Thanksgiving, closing traffic on both sides of I-70 for several hours on two separate days.

The rolling closures will be about 20 minutes each, and will occur between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays. Depending on the weather, the work and subsequent closures should be done by Dec. 19.

Read more here: www.clearcreekcourant.com/content/rollin...i-70-rock-mitigation
By Corinne Westeman
Wednesday, December 4, 2019

The Clear Creek Courant is your source for local news, sports, events, and information in Clear Creek County, Colorado, and the surrounding area.
Clear Creek Courant | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. | 303-350-1030
P.O. Box 2020, Idaho Springs, CO 80452
Office Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Subscribe Today!
www.facebook.com/ClearCreekCourant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds