Post offices grapple with staffing, timely deliveries

28 Feb 2020 19:35 #1 by CanyonCourier
Post office officials, concerned about widespread issues with mail and package delivery in Evergreen and Conifer, will host a town hall meeting next week to hear about the issues from the public and to discuss their plans to remedy the situation.

The meeting is set for 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Thursday, March 5, at Evergreen Lutheran Church, 5980 Highway 73. Representatives from Congressman Joe Neguse’s office also are expected to attend.

“I think this town meeting will be a great chance for the district level to hear what is going on,” said James N. Boxrud, the U.S. Postal Service’s spokesman. “There are things we can investigate.”

He said Evergreen and Conifer were consistently the toughest spots for the Colorado/Wyoming USPS district since the snowstorm before Thanksgiving, adding that areas like Floyd Hill have been particularly tough in part because of the steep terrain and postal carriers who aren’t used to driving on those roads.

Read more here: www.canyoncourier.com/content/post-offic...ng-timely-deliveries
By Deb Hurley Brobst
Thursday, February 27, 2020

Canyon Courier is your source for local news, sports, events, and information in Evergreen, CO, and the surrounding area.
www.canyoncourier.com
Subscribe to help support your local news!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 May 2020 11:25 #2 by Mountain-News-Events
Frustrations boil at Evergreen Post Office following reports of lost packages, false delivery reporting
By: Tony Kovaleski, Denver Channel 7 | May 05, 2020

EVERGREEN, Colo. – Frustrations over the performance of Evergreen’s post office have bubbled for months with complaints ranging from lost packages to packages reported as delivered that never arrived at their destination.

“People scream at us all the time,” one postal worker told Contact7 Investigates.

Evergreen entrepreneur Jay Good is reliant on shipping for his online clothing business but says that the post office has lost packages and cost him money.

“They’ve lost 15-30 packages of mine in six months,” Good said. “They’ve lost roughly $3,000 of sales.”

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds