Easy and Effective Tools To Deal With Internet Trolls

01 Feb 2014 11:32 #41 by Mtn Gramma
To me, a troll is meanspirited (for example, our currently missing troll), whereas Nobody isn't hateful or unkind, just sarcastic and tongue-in-cheek. I can't think of an instance where he's been nasty.

What annoys me is another local website where if someone disagrees with the "in group" they are immediately labeled a troll simply for having a different point of view. That, to me, isn't being a troll.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Feb 2014 11:44 #42 by Arlen
The internet community, not being sportsmen but urbanites, interpreted "troll" as a combination of the fellow under the bridge and the action of luring a person to take the bait. I refuse to see fishermen as evil; ugly maybe, but not evil.

04 Dec 2014 11:26 #43 by ScienceChic
Some good thoughts in here to ponder. Two different kinds of trolling? I'd say there are degrees of trolling. (let me state for the record, I do NOT believe that anyone here is trolling - it's the presenters comments on types of posts, intentions behind posts, etc that spoke to me more that this video was important to post, especially in remembering how things used to be here. If we consider and compare that history to how it is now, I think we gain a good perspective and good method moving forward for continuing to evaluate the tone here).

Totally worth 8 minutes to watch:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds