A Change in Moderation

11 Nov 2014 18:06 #21 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic A Change in Moderation

HEARTLESS wrote:

Rick wrote: If you want to actually have a conversation/debate with someone, making a joke about pushing them down the stairs and calling them useless isn't a good way to begin.

Duly noted Rick. I'm not even going to get a chuckle out of you?

It's a funny joke that you can use for any individual or group. I'm just trying hard not to be a hypocrite... it's been kinda nice around here lately.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Nov 2014 18:11 - 11 Nov 2014 18:11 #22 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic A Change in Moderation
And BTW Heartleaa, you have to know I ain't no saint. I'm all in for sparring in the ring, but first we need more opponents willing to battle B)

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

12 Nov 2014 06:27 #23 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic A Change in Moderation
SC, check your license. I'm betting your middle name is Gertrude or Mildred but you go by Punky.
Rick, all valid points, now behave wisea$$.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

26 Nov 2014 10:43 #24 by Wicked
Replied by Wicked on topic A Change in Moderation

Rick wrote: And BTW Heartleaa, you have to know I ain't no saint. I'm all in for sparring in the ring, but first we need more opponents willing to battle B)

B) I'll be your Huckleberry sugah!

:whip: :flirty:

We'll hold this line until Hell freezes over --Then we'll hold it on ice skates.-Anonymous picket sign

Couldn’t, wouldn’t, mustn’t, shouldn’t – these are the laments of the spineless. –Bette Davis

Feminist. We Just Call Out Bulls**t Where We See It.

07 Dec 2014 12:21 #25 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic A Change in Moderation
One of my favorite bloggers, Erika Napoletano , is celebrating her 42nd birthday with a month of posts about life's lessons (I actually meant to post about Day 5 and haven't had time to get to it yet). Today's post is Hard Truths, Day 7: Get Sucked Out . The message of the article is why and how to not be an asshole. (I'll be delving into this, and some of her other articles, more deeply on my blog , if you're interested).

One of her fans replied to the article with this message, which I immediately thanked them for because it so succinctly put what our new goal is for the environment here at My Mountain Town:
I can't MAKE anyone feel a particular emotion. But I can help create an environment where it is easier to feel one emotion over another. ~Charles Murley

That statement clearly defines what sets this site apart from our competitors, and it requires effort not just from management, but from those who use the site as well - it's a team effort! Our goal has always been:
1. To be a welcoming and friendly place, available to all in the community because no one would be banned
2. To be a site where we can be treated as adults with fair and minimal moderation practices
3. To enjoy freedom of speech because no threads would ever be locked

and we've managed to do it in a way that is more positive and beneficial for all. I'm fully confident that we are continuing to make it so because we have the best members and moderators ever here!
:highfive:

This community forum is a place for neighbors to talk, get to know one another, and share concerns over local happenings, all in a way that is constructive and makes things better for everyone. Thank you all for contributing and helping this site grow in a positive way and become better and better!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

22 Dec 2014 15:20 #26 by Venturer
Replied by Venturer on topic A Change in Moderation
Awesome SC!

A neighbor and I sold our homes and moved out of Elk Creek Fire District. I bought one in the woods of Idaho and she in San Diego with the idea of sharing and spending time at both. No internet in Idaho area but I am visiting family in Colorado.

So good to see you move forward and provide a wonderful opportunity for community to participate. I haven't had much time to read many of the threads but decidedly happy I started here. Best to you in the future.

23 Dec 2014 07:41 #27 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic A Change in Moderation
Thank you Venturer. Congrats on your move - I wish you the best in your new home! Will you still pop in from time to time and join us, let us know how you are doing? If you'd like to share photos from around your new home, that would be awesome and most appreciated!

Wishing you well,
SC

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

01 Jan 2015 10:20 - 01 Jan 2015 10:23 #28 by MyMountainTown
Let's start this new year off with positive intentions! This quote is somewhat idealistic rather than realistic, but it's the intention, the goal of striving for solutions, that matters. If we keep this in mind, we can't help but have better conversations and make our community an even better place to live!

From Sue Fitzmaurice

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds