Seeking Parent Deer Creek Elem School Advisory Committee Representatives
Seeking Parent Deer Creek Elem School Advisory Committee Representatives was created by pcsd
Deer Creek Elementary School Advisory Committee (SAC) – Call for Parent SAC Representatives:
Being a member of the SAC committee is a great way to learn more about the school and to work with others to improve the school. Please submit an email to Dr. Vallez by Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 4:00 p.m. with your name and a statement of your interest in being a member of the SAC committee. There are 3 parent positions on the DCES SAC and there will be an election if there are more than three candidates.
The SAC committee meets four times a year and works in collaboration with the principal, teachers, staff members and community members on the following responsibilities:
1. To adopt high but achievable goals and objectives for the improvement of education and achievement at Deer Creek Elementary School.
2. To review the schools improvement plan on an annual basis and to approve the reporting of the school’s status in regard to accreditation and accountability compliance to the District Advisory Committee.
3. To review the school’s status in regard to the school improvement plan, accreditation status and accountability.
4. To review the safe school plan in accordance with the District Plan.
5. To make recommendations to the principal relative to the prioritization of expenditures of district funds at the school.
6. To implement a Parent Engagement Program according to District Policy 701 Article 2.
Parents received this information already in the "DCES Eagle Update" email from Dr. Vallez. Posting here just in case you missed it!