Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

11 Feb 2015 04:09 #1161 by DrMike
Pursuing the Dream

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 3:14, KJV)

If you want to live a joyful and fulfilling life, learn to celebrate each moment of each day. All it really takes is a decision on your part to relish the events, people, and tasks that make up everyday life. Of course, you should have goals. God has put dreams and desires in each person’s heart. And there will always be another dream, another challenge just over the horizon.

Slow down and enjoy each stage of what He is doing in your life. You don’t have to make everything happen today. Pursue the goals that God has planted in you, but don’t forget to enjoy each stage of the journey!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, I know that You have planted dreams and goals in me. Help me to pursue them with the awareness that they will happen in Your time, and give me the ability to enjoy where You have me today. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Feb 2015 04:24 #1162 by DrMike
A Double Portion of Blessing

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Return to your stronghold, O prisoners of hope; today I declare that I will restore to you double.” (Zechariah 9:12, ESV)

No matter what has been taken away from you, no matter what you’ve lost or experienced in the past, if you give it over to God, He will return to you more than you could ask or imagine. He’ll make things right and give you more than what was lost or stolen. The Bible says that when you put your hope in God, He blesses you with a double portion.

God wants to multiply your joy, peace, wisdom, health, finances — a double portion of His favor in every area of your life! The first step in moving forward into this fresh future is forgetting the disappointments of yesterday. It’s time to turn loose those disappointments of your past and reach out in faith to God’s abundant future.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, I praise You today because You are the God of the double portion! I give You the losses and disappointments of my past, trusting Your love and provision for me. In Jesus’ Name.

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

13 Feb 2015 07:47 #1163 by DrMike
You Are Made for a Purpose!

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us.” (Romans 12:6, NIV)

Understanding why God put you here is one of the most important principles when it comes to discovering your unique purpose and calling in life. The reason is that knowing why you are here on earth helps you answer the question of why God has uniquely gifted you the way He has, and what He has called you to accomplish individually.

There’s nothing more exciting than to discover your purpose, your area of calling and really focus on it! Don’t let the enemy tell you you’ve been forgotten or left out. God has not left anybody out. You have talents, you have abilities, you have natural strengths and you need to be aware of what they are and make sure that you’re taking advantage of them and using them for His glory. There is something important that only you can accomplish for God!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, help me to understand clearly the reason You created me and gifted me the way You have, so I can fulfill my purpose and experience the joy and victory that comes from being in Your will. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

16 Feb 2015 16:57 #1164 by DrMike
Normal Heroes
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” (Matthew 17:20, NIV)

Great Bible characters didn’t live a life of great exploits every day. They lived most of their lives the same way you do, taking care of the day-to-day things. Take the life of Noah, for instance. It must have been a great day for Noah when the rain finally started falling and his family raced onto the ark. And it was probably the high point of Noah’s life when God brought him and his family safely to dry ground after months on the ark. But compared to the 120 long years it took Noah to build the ark, these brief chapters in his life were almost nothing. Noah had to keep his faith strong through all of those ordinary days while building the ark so that when God was ready to do something great through him, Noah was ready too. What does God want to do through you? Being faithful today is another step toward discovering His best.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, thank You for the examples of heroes in the Bible. Help me to be faithful in the things You have given me to do today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

17 Feb 2015 06:47 #1165 by DrMike
Nothing is Beyond Your Reach

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1 Corinthians 15:57, NLT)

You must remember that God is not only with you, He is also for you and He is in you! His goodness and mercy follow you everywhere you go, no matter where you go. He has also promised that no matter what path life takes you on, He’ll go ahead of you and make the crooked paths straight.

As long as you’re following His path, you simply can’t lose! Once you begin to see the future through the eyes of faith, you’ll discover that victory is within your grasp. Begin to see yourself the way God sees you, and it will change your perspective on everything.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, thank You for putting every good and perfect thing within my grasp. I know that when I see things the way You see them, I can revolutionize my life! In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

18 Feb 2015 06:28 #1166 by DrMike
Share Your Love

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Your love for one other will prove to the world that you are my disciples.” (John 13:35, NLT)

If you know someone who is struggling, just put an arm around them and let them know that you care and that you have been thinking about them. To truly show them the love of God, stand next to them, pray with them and make a difference. That is the kind of life-altering love that Jesus showed as an example in the Bible.

Love is a perfectly good word, so don’t be afraid to use it. Jesus said that more than anything else, love will be the way that the world knows the disciples of Christ. Go visit an old friend, tell your family that you love them; or do something else for someone to express the love that you have for them.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, thank You for loving me first. Give me the strength to love others and to display that love for others to see. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

19 Feb 2015 10:38 #1167 by DrMike
Be Compassionate

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“But if anyone has the world’s goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him?” (1 John 3:17, ESV)

You’ve probably heard the saying that “you may be the only Jesus someone ever sees.” There may be a desperate person who is in need of something as small as a smile or a little money, and you might be the best or the only example of Jesus’ love to them! With this in mind, look for ways today to live with true compassion and a caring attitude toward others. That’s how you can plant seeds of God in someone. You may not be around to see the seeds grow into a large and beautiful plant, but you could make a life-changing impact where you are!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, I thank You for Your love and compassion for me. Help me to live life in the same spirit. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

20 Feb 2015 04:00 #1168 by DrMike
God is at Work for You

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“ ‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’ ” (Jeremiah 29:11, NIV)

Too often, we think God is just out there — watching and waiting for us to get things right. God is a big God, but He loves you and He wants to help bring the best things possible into your life. God is at work in your life each and every day, blessing you and preparing you for great and wonderful things that you can’t even imagine! Your entire perspective will radically change when you realize God is in your everyday experiences.

Even when we are not completely faithful to Him, He is always faithful to us! Make God your hope and rely solely on Him, and He’ll faithfully work things out that will bless you, protect you and encourage you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, thank You for always having my best in mind. I know that You love me and want the best for Your children. Help me to be faithful to You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

23 Feb 2015 04:15 #1169 by DrMike
Practice Excellence

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.” (Colossians 3:23, NIV)

You can probably think of many times in which you simply did not give your best effort, or didn’t really try very hard. Every person, because of our human imperfections, sometimes chooses to be lazy and not try. But the example given by Christ, and the one mentioned in Colossians 3, is completely the opposite. Christians are to be the best at whatever they do, because they are to do everything as if they were doing it for God alone!

When you put your whole heart into whatever it is you are supposed to do, God will recognize that and bless you for it. You should strive for and pursue excellence in all you do, for the sake of God; He blesses excellence!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, I want to do my work and everything else with true excellence. Give me Your power to be an example of Christ to those around me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

24 Feb 2015 04:03 #1170 by DrMike
Let His Love Show

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“We know, dear brothers and sisters, that God loves you and has chosen you to be his own people” (1 Thessalonians 1:4, NLT)

When others look at your life, do they know that God loves you? Can they see the change in you? Do they know you are a follower of His? Remember, the evidence is in your words and actions. The most important thing you could ever know and show is that God loves you. His love changes us. His love empowers us. His love takes us to new levels. His love gives us eternal life.

Open your heart fully and receive His love today. Then turn around and love Him in return by following His commands. Make the decision today to let His love show all over you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for loving me, for empowering me, and changing me to be more like You. Have Your way in my heart so that I can be a shining light of Your love to the people around me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.567 seconds