Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

12 Mar 2015 05:43 #1181 by DrMike
Find that Special Place

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” (Matthew 6:33, NIV)

God’s special place for you is where you are most content and fulfilled, experiencing prosperity in your health, your emotions, your relationships, and your finances. A good example of this is found in 1 Kings 17:3, where God told the prophet Elijah, “Leave here, turn eastward and hide in the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan. You will drink from the brook, and I have ordered the ravens to feed you there.” Elijah obeyed God and went, and the ravens fed him.

If Elijah had decided not to obey God and do things his own way instead, he would not have been in a place to receive God’s blessings. You are blessed when you are fully convinced that God wants to meet all of your needs, and you decide to follow His leading.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Lord, I want to thank You for giving me a place where I can be fulfilled and blessed as I serve You. Give me the wisdom and patience to know where to go to find this special place of Your blessing. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Mar 2015 04:19 #1182 by DrMike
The Power of Prayer

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The prayer of the righteous is powerful and effective.” (James 5:16, NIV)

All throughout the Bible, you can see just how powerful and life-changing prayer is. The best news about prayer is that the same power you read about in the Bible is available to you right here, right now! God intended prayer to change lives. And whenever God Himself is involved in the situation, you know things are important! Through your prayers, you can tap into God’s incredible, inexhaustible power in your life, and you can also be a great encouragement and blessing to those who need prayer around you. James says that prayer can heal and restore people. Make a choice today and every day to be a powerful and effective prayer warrior for God!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, I know that You want to hear from me. Thank You for giving me Your infinite power when I come before You in prayer. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

16 Mar 2015 04:01 #1183 by DrMike
Live with Expectancy

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.” (John 10:10, ESV)

If you live with a strong sense of expectancy, then God will bless you and use you in a powerful way. It’s difficult for some people to imagine this, but you must come to the realization that God is so much bigger than anything you will ever face. So why would you not live your life expecting Him to give you victory? God intends for you to be a champion, not a defeated person. If you claim victory and expect victory, you will get it along with a greater sense of power and peace! God wants you to live abundantly, so learn to expect His abundance.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, I want to thank You for Your abundant gifts and blessings. Help me to live expectantly and powerfully. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

17 Mar 2015 04:19 #1184 by DrMike
Dream On

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“May we shout for joy when we hear of your victory and raise a victory banner in the name of our God. May the LORD answer all your prayers.” (Psalm 20:5, NLT)

You have a great dream and a vision for your life. Everyone does; that’s what keeps people motivated during the tough times. The problem isn’t that people don’t have dreams — it’s that they don’t do their part to fulfill those dreams and allow them to come to pass. God wants you to pursue and fulfill your dreams, and not to let everyday life stand in the way. Of course, there are many daily routines to be done, but don’t let these things stop you from striving towards the goals God has put in your heart. He doesn’t want you to stop until you have discovered all that He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, I know that You have great and wonderful things for me. Help me not give in to the pressures of the world around me as I pursue the dreams you have for me! In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

18 Mar 2015 03:39 #1185 by DrMike
Prayer of Blessing

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Love GOD, your God, with your whole heart: love him with all that’s in you, love him with all you’ve got! Write these commandments that I’ve given you today on your hearts. Get them inside of you and then get them inside your children. Talk about them wherever you are, sitting at home or walking in the street; talk about them from the time you get up in the morning to when you fall into bed at night. Tie them on your hands and foreheads as a reminder; inscribe them on the doorposts of your homes and on your city gates.” (Deuteronomy 6:5–9, MSG)

When you need to remember an important meeting or memorize an assignment, what do you do? Most people write it down and put it in a place where they will see it constantly, like a mirror or a refrigerator. Do the same thing with God’s Word, because it will help you to remember God’s promises. The Bible is God’s Word to His people, and should be memorized so that it stays in your mind and your heart. Read the Scripture each day and store its words in your heart, because they are all true!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, thank You for giving us Your Word, which promises your blessing to me. I know that if I dedicate myself to following Your Word, my life will be enriched and I will experience the blessings You have for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

19 Mar 2015 04:03 #1186 by DrMike
God’s Blessing

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Now Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, ‘Oh that You would bless me indeed and enlarge my border, and that Your hand might be with me, and that You would keep me from harm that it may not pain me!’ And God granted him what he requested.” (1 Chronicles 4:10, NASB)

God wants your year, your life and everything about you to be successful and wonderful. He wants you to be productive, prosperous and fulfilled in every way. God has so many wonderful blessings in store for you that if you could know them all, you would be overwhelmed with His goodness. In 1 Chronicles, a man named Jabez called out on the Lord and asked for the blessings that he knew God had for him — and don’t you know, God answered his prayer! If Jabez could know God’s favor, then you can today. The answer is simple, but amazing: you can ask the same favor from the Lord. Seek those blessings today.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, give me the strength to call upon Your name and seek what You have for me! Thank You for promising me a blessed life in Your Word. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

20 Mar 2015 04:05 #1187 by DrMike
Think Big

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations forever and ever. Amen.” (Ephesians 3:20–21, ESV)

Do you ever have trouble thinking big and trusting God for something big? If you do, you’re not alone, because everyone has. But in order to experience all the blessings God has in store for you, you must step out of your small box and dive into the large box of God’s love. Sometimes it’s difficult to have a God-sized life view and expectations, but when you learn to really trust God, you’ll see Him do great things for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, Your Word says that You are bigger than I could ever imagine, and I thank You for Your bigger plans for me. Give me the strength to trust You and expect You to do great things in my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

23 Mar 2015 03:53 #1188 by DrMike
Choose Life — One Day at a Time

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Every day I will bless You, and I will praise Your name forever and ever.” (Psalm 145:2, NASB)

Christians experience daily obstacles and struggles. But even though you aren’t immune to life’s day-to-day challenges, you have the power of Jesus Christ to overcome them! His power is available every day to help you win not only the big battles, but the little daily battles as well. God has an abundant life in store for you, which includes victory over the little things in your life that may seem big. Nothing can prevent you from being all that God wants you to be — so choose to claim victory today in the name of Jesus!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, I praise You for the daily victory you give to Your children. It’s a blessing to know that I can bring every problem I have to you, no matter how small. In Jesus’ Name. Amen

24 Mar 2015 03:49 #1189 by DrMike
The Spring of Laughter

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Anyone who drinks the water I give will never thirst — not ever. The water I give will be an artesian spring within, gushing fountains of endless life.” (John 4:14, MSG)

When you make Jesus the Lord of your life, God puts within you an eternal well that will never run dry. You have an unlimited supply of good things inside you which should be continually bubbling out of you. But Satan doesn’t want your joy, happiness, or laughter to flow freely. So he comes along and throws a stone of, say, worry into your well. You may think, “That’s just one little stone. It’s not hurting anything. The water is still flowing pretty well.”

But Satan will be back soon with another stone, whether it’s fear, self-pity, or hopelessness. If you haven’t dealt individually with each of these stones and gotten rid of them, your nice, free-flowing well of good things will become clogged. Take the time today and every day to evaluate your well. Ask God to give you revelation and to help you keep your well clean!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Lord, thank You for the spring of eternal life and joy that You have placed within me. Help me deal with the stones that can block the free flow of goodness, joy, and laughter. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

25 Mar 2015 05:15 #1190 by DrMike
Free from Condemnation

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, who live and walk not after the dictates of the flesh, but after the dictates of the Spirit.” (Romans 8:1, AMP)

When you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you are free from condemnation! Is there something that you feel guilty about? If you have repented, the Bible says He takes your sin and throws it as far as the east is from the west. He casts your sins into the sea of forgetfulness. God actually chooses to forget your sins! That means your sins are completely removed. In fact, they aren't even yours anymore.

Don’t let the enemy dig up your past or try to make you feel guilty for something that happened a long time ago, or even yesterday. The enemy is called the “accuser of the brethren” and he works overtime to bring you down with false accusations. Be confident that God doesn’t remember your past. You are free from condemnation through the blood of Jesus Christ. The next time the enemy brings up your past, declare that you are free from condemnation in Jesus’ Name!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for setting me free in Jesus! Thank You for forgiveness. Thank You washing me clean and making me new today. I receive your grace and mercy so that I can be a vessel used by You today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.419 seconds