I am boycotting Local news videos.

07 Apr 2011 15:41 #11 by V_A
interesting, you really don't like when anyone post something negative about an advertiser on this site because you are trying to run a business. Yet, when another company is using their online presence to money via their adverting you feel it unjust and acceptable to complain.

Pot, Kettle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Apr 2011 15:43 #12 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic I am boycotting Local news videos.
X_P aka stalker - don't go there.

07 Apr 2011 15:46 #13 by V_A
easier to call someone a stalker than to defend Do as I say, not as I Do

07 Apr 2011 18:00 #14 by JMC

X_P wrote: interesting, you really don't like when anyone post something negative about an advertiser on this site because you are trying to run a business. Yet, when another company is using their online presence to money via their adverting you feel it unjust and acceptable to complain.

Pot, Kettle

You just don't get the simplest concepts.285b does not do pop ups on intrusive ads . We encourage dialogue with the local business community. Your harassing and trolling local businesses is just your personal bulls@@it. You just want to vent your vindictive crap with no substance. You posted plenty of negative info that was never touched, get a f@cking life and ( at least try) to see the difference.
What a loser

07 Apr 2011 18:07 #15 by Obam me
Replied by Obam me on topic I am boycotting Local news videos.
I sent the marketing department at 9News an email a while back and told them that until the "belly fat" add stopped blinking that I would not visit their news site. It was beyond distracting. It was so bad it would send anyone into a seizure.

07 Apr 2011 18:14 #16 by kresspin
I've seen that ad on many sites. My theory is, it's working for the company, otherwise they wouldn't continue to use it so much.

08 Apr 2011 09:46 #17 by RCCL
I visit mobile sites for news as much as possible!

For 9NEWS, two things:

First, you can watch their live broadcasts online completely commercial free. Sure, the quality suffers a little, but during commercial breaks it just cuts to the control room, and so far no embedded advertisements.

In addition, you may consider visiting [url=http://m.9news.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://m.9news.com[/url]

It can help since there's very little advertising. It's not quite as chalk-full of features, but... it's not bad, either! I can get my top headlines and current forecast that way without all the crap and pop-unders! I HATE those things!

08 Apr 2011 09:56 #18 by CinnamonGirl
Good idea. And keep in mind for youtube. If you embed, and I think this is true for 9news, the ad won't show so if you want a youtube video ad free, embed it on our site with the tags and look at preview.

08 Apr 2011 17:59 #19 by KnitKnook
Regarding the "dialogue" concept, as an advertiser on this site I love that having our own forum allows me to not only reach people beyond my regular customer base, but also that it lets us provide a service and be a resource to both existing and potential customers. People can post questions that I can answer right away and it allows others to see the answer as well. We're able to post both informative and entertaining articles, which brings more readers and continues to build the sense of community that is so important to our business. We're also starting to get readers of our forum articles from outside the 285 corridor area, including other states, and that is bound to help our growing mail order business (we currently do mail order via phone orders but are in the process of adding a shopping cart feature). For small businesses up here, we need to use every advantage available to us that helps grow our businesses. I definitely consider the 285Bound forum model to be a huge advantage and a unique approach that goes beyond the traditional advertising route.

Knit Knook LLC, 10903 US Hwy 285, Suite E202, Conifer, CO 80433
303-838-2118
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.knitknook.com/

16 Jun 2011 14:47 #20 by CinnamonGirl
So, all the sites are doing this now. I have had it. I actually watched a 20 second video yesterday and the advertisement they made me watch was 38 seconds!. To all you stations and sites, yeah, you too Thedenverchannel.com. I will not watch your videos and I don't like your advertisers for doing this either. If you notice, if people have to wait for a site to load more than a few seconds they will bail. You are all slowing your site down to where it is like have to wait for it to load. Terrible practice.

Time to create page: 0.499 seconds