I am boycotting Local news videos.

16 Jun 2011 14:55 #21 by TPP
I stopped watching local news about 5 or 6 years ago, when they ran a "cat in a tree" story!
And they started getting that "cutesie", let me talk so I can make a stupid 10 year old wouldn't even smile joke Bullsh*t!!!!
I want news DAMN-IT!!! STOP with the glorified prompt readers, (Hmmm, maybe taht's why people where fooled by oblama, just a thought), and I could give a sh*t what newswomen is peggo, or what, or when she had the little baby, I sure don't want to hear/see about it... After seeing her grow for 9months of the tube, don't they think we know she brith a baby soon, DUMB SH*TS! the lot of them, and not it's starting to creep into cable news too, even Fox sheep-red smith, STFU! and just stop with the cute BULLSH*T!!!
Enough of the rant!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jun 2011 14:58 #22 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic I am boycotting Local news videos.
This is not about content it is about a practice of not being able to get to their content and it is not even working. No one cares about their advertisers when they do this! Don't get me going I am really mad about this today.

16 Jun 2011 15:06 #23 by TPP
YOU GO GIRL!

16 Jun 2011 15:11 #24 by CinnamonGirl
What is their bounce rate? Why do they think this is the way to get people to like them. You cannot even share the &^#$ing video until the 30 SECONDS is over. When you surf for a a bunch of sites like I do, it takes all my frickin day. And they make you watch the same one 8 times in a row. I don't know why no one else has noticed.

No original thinking just taking the same tired idea and slamming in down our throats and they figure if they all do it they we are forced to deal with it. F that.

16 Jun 2011 16:51 #25 by archer
I'll add my mini rant.....why do the news sites have some stories ONLY on video.....I actually prefer to read the story than watch someone read it to me.....If I click on a story and it's only on video.... more often than not, I won't bother with it. Especially since I am one of those still dealing with 1.5 DSL.

16 Jun 2011 16:57 #26 by ScienceChic

archer wrote: I'll add my mini rant.....why do the news sites have some stories ONLY on video.....I actually prefer to read the story than watch someone read it to me.....If I click on a story and it's only on video.... more often than not, I won't bother with it. Especially since I am one of those still dealing with 1.5 DSL.

:yeahthat: If it's a video, I end up spending the time analyzing how they are trying to manipulate me, rather than becoming educated and analyzing the story for content, or lack thereof.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

16 Jun 2011 17:58 #27 by Martin Ent Inc
News peeps are "movie stars"
and local news sux.

16 Jun 2011 18:09 #28 by jf1acai

I'll add my mini rant.....why do the news sites have some stories ONLY on video.....I actually prefer to read the story than watch someone read it to me.....If I click on a story and it's only on video.... more often than not, I won't bother with it. Especially since I am one of those still dealing with 1.5 DSL

:yeahthat: :thumbsup:

I rarely bother with the videos, I read a lot better than I hear. That, combined with Cinn's complaint about video ads makes me avoid the video crap like the plague.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

17 Jun 2011 06:02 #29 by TPP

Martin Ent Inc wrote: News peeps are "movie stars"
and local news sux.

:like:

27 Jul 2011 19:52 #30 by CinnamonGirl
This is Why Your Newspaper is Dying

http://bradcolbow.com/archive/view/the_ ... _is_dying/

Amen.. They are stupid and still trying it the old way. On FB a few weeks ago I even told one of the 9 news guys I was not going to watch his video because they were forcing us to watch a 30 sec video to get to his content and he didn't get it at all and said that was the only way they could make money. People actually dis like their advertisers for forcing content on them. Wake up, it is not your users fault you are taking the lazy way out!! Get innovative and stop blaming everyone else. Change or die.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds