Songs you can't get out of your head after you hear them...

12 Jun 2010 09:54 #31 by JMC
I always wanted the Green Acres theme to be my ringtone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jun 2010 10:10 #32 by Silent Lucidity
[youtube:2zktufr4]
[/youtube:2zktufr4]

I couldn't help it... :)

12 Jun 2010 10:39 #33 by The Viking

ShilohLady wrote: Because you 'fixed' the links, Wayne, I have to add my vote for links 'instead of' or 'in addition to' the embedded videos. My connection is slower than many others so I find that for most YouTube videos, I have to start it loading, hit 'pause' and go off and do something else while the video loads. If the video is embedded in the thread, it makes it harder for me to continue reading on this forum while waiting on the load.

Really? I haven't had that problem with any of them yet. It opens and plays right away.

12 Jun 2010 12:25 #34 by The Viking
Dare you to watch this one and try and forget it. One of the most annoying ever!

[youtube:1ae6yb7d]
[/youtube:1ae6yb7d]

12 Jun 2010 12:46 #35 by Wayne Harrison

ShilohLady wrote: Because you 'fixed' the links, Wayne, I have to add my vote for links 'instead of' or 'in addition to' the embedded videos. My connection is slower than many others so I find that for most YouTube videos, I have to start it loading, hit 'pause' and go off and do something else while the video loads. If the video is embedded in the thread, it makes it harder for me to continue reading on this forum while waiting on the load.

Actually, the video doesn't load simply because it's embedded. The only thing that loads is one frame of the video -- the image. The actual video doesn't start loading until you press start. It's no different (in download size) than a regular image posted in the thread.

12 Jun 2010 17:00 #36 by Local_Historian

The Viking wrote:

Local_Historian wrote: I'm blaming this one on my son - total nonsense, but he's been singing it all day - now it's stuck in my head...

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/schfiftyfive

That was so disturbing, I am not even sure how to respond to it! :VeryScared:

Is your girfriend 55? your IQ 55? See, that POS is STILL stuck in my head!

Oh, and I see your numa numa and raise you a Smurf song.

12 Jun 2010 18:57 #37 by jf1acai

Actually, the video doesn't load simply because it's embedded. The only thing that loads is one frame of the video -- the image. The actual video doesn't start loading until you press start. It's no different (in download size) than a regular image posted in the thread.

It is difficult for those with fast connections to understand what is seen by those with much slower connections.

We slowpokes just have to put up with it :wink:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

12 Jun 2010 22:51 #38 by pineinthegrass
Does anyone off of 285 have a fast connection? Or are you talking dialup vs slow DSL? :wink:

12 Jun 2010 23:57 #39 by Local_Historian

13 Jun 2010 05:56 #40 by Wayne Harrison
What do you consider slow DSL?

Download Speed: 1330 kbps (166.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 750 kbps (93.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Three of us use the DSL line in the house and it seems adequate. Could have higher but don't want to spend the money.

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds