Remember when?

11 Jun 2010 21:17 #21 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Remember when?
Remember when triceratops ran along the river running along C470? Oh, that was over 60 million years ago, did I just give away my age?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jun 2010 21:22 #22 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Remember when?

...did I just give away my age?

:rofl

I didn't know there was anything older than dirt! lol

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

11 Jun 2010 21:32 #23 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic Remember when?
Remember when the Highlander Restaurant was across from the old Safeway and the parking lot always smelled of raw sewage?

11 Jun 2010 21:38 #24 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Remember when?

jf1acai wrote:

...did I just give away my age?

:rofl

I didn't know there was anything older than dirt! lol

rofllol rofllol rofllol I guess we know who the dino lover is here huh?

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

12 Jun 2010 00:04 #25 by Local_Historian
Replied by Local_Historian on topic Remember when?

The Viking wrote: Remember when you picked up the phone to make a call and your neighbors were on it. It was a party line and you had to wait until they were finished to make a call. But anyone could listen in on your call. And it was a different coded ring if it was for you. Like 2 short rings and a long.

I know I am not that old but where I lived technology didn't hit our area very quickly.

Ok, this wasn't that long ago for me - 1994. I lived in a part of Gunnison that still had party lines.

And i remember just being able to dial the 4-**** (whatever number) and then we had to dial 674 - oh no, extra numbers!

I rememebr old aspen park, I remember when the Hiwan golf course DIDN'T exist, when hwy 74 had to go through the middle of bergen park, and there's wasn't much to bergen park either. And when the place on Kerr Gulch that says "Ice Cream" really did sell ice cream.

15 Jun 2010 00:02 #26 by EddieWess
Replied by EddieWess on topic Remember when?
Honest to God, I never ate one but, remember the Jack Potato at Green Valley Grill?
Deep fried, baked potato, or was it baked, deep fried potato?

15 Jun 2010 07:09 #27 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Remember when?
Baked, battered and fried. Best thing on the menu.

15 Jun 2010 07:20 #28 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Remember when?
They were really good. Maybe a restaurant up here now could put it on the menu

15 Jun 2010 08:07 #29 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Remember when?
Blazin' Bakery's yummy goodies,JD Realty on the first level of the Old Safeway center and Bugling Elk on the second level just above. And, as someone said before, Windy Point was a "OMG,what was I thinking,wonderful winter driving experience"......(IF it didn't deter
you and you opted to live up here ANYWAY.....you were SOLID Mountain mindset.) Remember when Bulldogger (at Crow Hill in Bailey)
was a THRU road and not blocked off at 285. When Hog Heaven was a stand alone little caboose outside,NO brick and mortar building)

15 Jun 2010 13:22 #30 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Remember when?

pchistory wrote: Traffic lights? I remember when the route from Denver was out Morrison Road to Morrison, over to Turkey Creek Canyon, and then up, and the last traffic light you went through was at Federal.

lol I remember that. And we would tell our incredulous Ohio relatives that there were no traffic lights for 100 miles, from Morrison to Salida. But I am just talking the early 70's.

But my older neighbor, very old, remembers taking the train from the depot at Jefferson to California and the pavement used to end at Long Bros.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds