For Mothers day

04 May 2011 18:28 #11 by archer
Replied by archer on topic For Mothers day

jf1acai wrote: I have no digital pictures of my mother, she passed before I had that capability :-(

But, I really like the pictures that have been posted, and want to go on record as totally disagreeing with ANYONE who, in any manner, disrespects the posting of mother's pictures here.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

jf1acai....I have made digital pics from old photographs just by taking a digital picture of them, many digital cameras have that capability. We did a whole collage of baby pics for all 4 generations of our family for my mom's 90th birthday.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 May 2011 18:31 #12 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic For Mothers day

archer wrote:

jf1acai wrote: I have no digital pictures of my mother, she passed before I had that capability :-(

But, I really like the pictures that have been posted, and want to go on record as totally disagreeing with ANYONE who, in any manner, disrespects the posting of mother's pictures here.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

jf1acai....I have made digital pics from old photographs just by taking a digital picture of them, many digital cameras have that capability. We did a whole collage of baby pics for all 4 generations of our family for my mom's 90th birthday.

I did the same originally. In fact the picture of my mother was done that way. Now I have a scanner that works far better and makes it a lot easier.

Well AV, my mother was always fond of reminding me that laziness is the father of all invention. I wonder why she would mention that to me??? lol

04 May 2011 18:36 #13 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic For Mothers day

Rockdoc wrote: do you have a picture you would like digitized? It is easy for me to do and I'd be delighted to help you out if you would like.

Thanks for the offer! They are all in boxes at the moment, and would take a while for me to find anything. And, they are all 35mm.

But I may discuss this with you later, once I find them! :wink:

archer wrote: I have made digital pics from old photographs just by taking a digital picture of them, many digital cameras have that capability.

Thanks for a great suggestion, but mine are all 35mm slides.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

04 May 2011 18:37 #14 by Rockdoc

jf1acai wrote:

Rockdoc wrote: do you have a picture you would like digitized? It is easy for me to do and I'd be delighted to help you out if you would like.

Thanks for the offer! They are all in boxes at the moment, and would take a while for me to find anything. And, they are all 35mm.

But I may discuss this with you later, once I find them! :wink:

archer wrote: I have made digital pics from old photographs just by taking a digital picture of them, many digital cameras have that capability.

Thanks for a great suggestion, but mine are all 35mm slides.

No problem. I can do those too.

04 May 2011 18:53 #15 by chickaree
Replied by chickaree on topic For Mothers day

Grady wrote: For Mother’s day, my Mon on a pheasant hunt, also in the pic are my sons and nieces.

That made me laugh-my mother went into labor with me while out pheasant hunting. While rushing back to the car she fell over a frozen clump of dirt and injured both her knees. She still insisted on cleaning the birds and getting them in the cooler before driving to the hospital. In spite of all that ( or maybe because of it) I've never developed a taste for pheasant).

04 May 2011 21:07 #16 by ShilohLady
Replied by ShilohLady on topic For Mothers day
I snagged a recent pic of my mom from my sister's facebook :)

04 May 2011 21:10 #17 by Rockdoc
You know? I really like seeing my mother's picture as my avatar. I'll need to change them out and let her age up to Mother's day.

05 May 2011 10:07 #18 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic For Mothers day
I am loving all the mother's day pictures. I wanted to put one up of my grandmother. She was like a mother to me. She died when I was 12 and it would be too painful for me to see her pic everyday. I have a new baby in my world now but I can't post that either.

I think the mother's day avatar thing is awesome. I am loving the great pics.

05 May 2011 21:59 #19 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic For Mothers day
This mother's day thing is now going with some members on FB too. Very cool.

05 May 2011 23:08 #20 by Local_Historian
Replied by Local_Historian on topic For Mothers day

chickaree wrote:

Grady wrote: For Mother’s day, my Mon on a pheasant hunt, also in the pic are my sons and nieces.

That made me laugh-my mother went into labor with me while out pheasant hunting. While rushing back to the car she fell over a frozen clump of dirt and injured both her knees. She still insisted on cleaning the birds and getting them in the cooler before driving to the hospital. In spite of all that ( or maybe because of it) I've never developed a taste for pheasant).

Sounds like my mom - doctor told her she was going to have a baby today, so what did she do? she went home, did the laundry, did the ironing, made dinner, and then when it got painful, went to the hospital. They were frantic at the hospital because the doctor had called saying she was coming in - they'd expected her right away! As it was, I was almost born in the hall - LOL!

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds