For Mothers day

04 May 2011 16:06 #1 by JMC
For Mothers day was created by JMC
Somebody had a great idea to change avatars to their Mom. ( I think Krespin) My mom died when I was young never got to know her as an adult,I hope in some small way this honors her . This pic was when she was 15, (1936) love the internet to be able to let her live on even a little.
This avatar will be gone on Monday. So I can be an asshole again.
Sorry , just did not feel right. I took the avatar down, sorry for any confusion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 May 2011 16:23 #2 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic For Mothers day
Your mother was beautiful. This will be an emotional mother's day for me, my daughter is now a mother.

04 May 2011 16:39 #3 by Wicked
Replied by Wicked on topic For Mothers day

jmc wrote: Somebody had a great idea to change avatars to their Mom. ( I think Krespin) My mom died when I was young never got to know her as an adult,I hope in some small way this honors her . This pic was when she was 15, (1936) love the internet to be able to let her live on even a little.
This avatar will be gone on Monday. So I can be an asshole again.

rofllol I like assholes - everything's upfront and honest and you know where you stand with them! :thumbsup: But come on Baby do you really have to stop between now and then? :wink:

We'll hold this line until Hell freezes over --Then we'll hold it on ice skates.-Anonymous picket sign

Couldn’t, wouldn’t, mustn’t, shouldn’t – these are the laments of the spineless. –Bette Davis

Feminist. We Just Call Out Bulls**t Where We See It.

04 May 2011 16:42 #4 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic For Mothers day
Mom would be proud of a "little bit of asshole" but not the full load. She was a lady of her time.

04 May 2011 16:56 #5 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic For Mothers day
In remembrance of my mother for Mother's day. Here she is as seen in her 1945 Russian identification paper at age 37. She is my inspiration and like her I hope to not stop learning until the day I die.

04 May 2011 17:12 #6 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic For Mothers day

jmc wrote: Mom would be proud of a "little bit of asshole" but not the full load. She was a lady of her time.

My mom sounds similar - liked me getting a college education so I could do what I loved and support myself, but not happy that I was planning on using it to be totally independent and skipping the whole family thing (well, that didn't work according to plan!). :)

Rockdoc wrote: She is my inspiration and like her I hope to not stop learning until the day I die.

:like:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

04 May 2011 17:15 #7 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic For Mothers day
For Mother’s day, my Mon on a pheasant hunt, also in the pic are my sons and nieces.

04 May 2011 17:44 #8 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic For Mothers day
Very nice mom pics.

04 May 2011 18:17 #9 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic For Mothers day
I have no digital pictures of my mother, she passed before I had that capability :-(

But, I really like the pictures that have been posted, and want to go on record as totally disagreeing with ANYONE who, in any manner, disrespects the posting of mother's pictures here.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

04 May 2011 18:26 #10 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic For Mothers day

jf1acai wrote: I have no digital pictures of my mother, she passed before I had that capability :-(

But, I really like the pictures that have been posted, and want to go on record as totally disagreeing with ANYONE who, in any manner, disrespects the posting of mother's pictures here.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

do you have a picture you would like digitized? It is easy for me to do and I'd be delighted to help you out if you would like.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds