I discovered a new discovery

15 Jun 2010 09:44 #21 by Sunshine Girl

krispy wrote: It probably tastes better there because it's hotter - like your first meal after a week of back packing. Best pizza ever!

I'm sure that's it. They don't make different versions for different states. lol But from someone who lived where it was 100 plus almost every day in the summer, everything tastes more refreshing and satisfying somewhere hot. Even plain, cold water. :sunshine:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jun 2010 09:45 #22 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic I discovered a new discovery

krispy wrote: It probably tastes better there because it's hotter - like your first meal after a week of back packing. Best pizza ever!

How bout it- Ain't that the truth. Thats possible

15 Jun 2010 09:46 #23 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic I discovered a new discovery

Sunshine Girl wrote:

I'm sure that's it. They don't make different versions for different states. lol But from someone who lived where it was 100 plus almost every day in the summer, everything tastes more refreshing and satisfying somewhere hot. Even plain, cold water. :sunshine:

Good points SG

15 Jun 2010 09:49 #24 by Sunshine Girl

Vice Lord wrote: I bought one for lil precious at the high end gift shop here for $3.49..She was impressed with the quality and natural flavors. Niether of us has seen anything like it before...I went to an Albertsons, a Super Walmart, CVS and a Smiths looking for it. Nobody knew what I was talking about there..Finally we discovered it at Fresh n Easy. Don't tell me they are selling it on every street corner back there...It's just not believable

Good news and bad news for you then.

First the good news....you're wife will be very happy because you can get it at the King Soopers in Aspen Park. My 13yo daughter and her friends really love them. Also, buy it when they go on sale for $1 which is quite often.

Now the bad news...$3.49 is a lot to pay for just one. However, you're on vacation and everything is higher at the hotels. But hey - you're on vacation so who cares how much it is. Just look forward to being able to still get it when you get home! :biggrin:

More good news....The fact that finding a new type of bottle water you like makes you happy is also a good thing! :party

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

16 Jun 2010 18:12 #25 by ScienceChic
Not to rain on anyone's parade (okay, maybe a little), but it's just glorified sugar water. You can treat your body a whole lot better by drinking plain old water and eating fruits whole so you get the fiber too.
http://media.www.thepawprint.net/media/ ... 1897.shtml

They may sound and look the same, but popular beverages Life Water and Vitamin Water appear to be healthy alternatives, but are they really?
Vitamin Water does contain the vitamins that the body needs in order to function on a daily basis, however, the amount of servings of sugar in each bottle are only adding to health issues.
Unlike Vitamin water, which has been around for many years, Sobe Life Water came out in March of 2006.

Ingredients: Filtered water, fructose, natural flavor, citric acid, ascorbic acid, sugar, sodium citrate, vegetable juice concentrate (color), modified food starch, gum arabic, elderberry juice concentrate (color), DL-alpha-tocopheryl acetate, glycerol ester of wood rosin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, maltodextrin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, cyancobalamin

Fructose is the sugar that's been linked to fatty liver disease, among other things, and is the bad ingredient in high fructose corn syrup. For those of us who have to watch the sugars we consume (diabetic family history), beverages like this especially are detrimental to our health and if you want to lose weight, a drink like this will impede your efforts. Just FYI. By all means, drink them if you enjoy them and don't have issues with your health. Wow, I'm sounding like a Negative Nancy aren't I?! What I mean to say is, drink with full, informed consent. Ok, now I sound too nerdy, I'm going to go now...

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

16 Jun 2010 18:19 #26 by Sunshine Girl

Science Chic wrote: Not to rain on anyone's parade (okay, maybe a little), but it's just glorified sugar water. You can treat your body a whole lot better by drinking plain old water and eating fruits whole so you get the fiber too.
http://media.www.thepawprint.net/media/ ... 1897.shtml

They may sound and look the same, but popular beverages Life Water and Vitamin Water appear to be healthy alternatives, but are they really?
Vitamin Water does contain the vitamins that the body needs in order to function on a daily basis, however, the amount of servings of sugar in each bottle are only adding to health issues.
Unlike Vitamin water, which has been around for many years, Sobe Life Water came out in March of 2006.

Ingredients: Filtered water, fructose, natural flavor, citric acid, ascorbic acid, sugar, sodium citrate, vegetable juice concentrate (color), modified food starch, gum arabic, elderberry juice concentrate (color), DL-alpha-tocopheryl acetate, glycerol ester of wood rosin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, maltodextrin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, cyancobalamin

Fructose is the sugar that's been linked to fatty liver disease, among other things, and is the bad ingredient in high fructose corn syrup. For those of us who have to watch the sugars we consume (diabetic family history), beverages like this especially are detrimental to our health and if you want to lose weight, a drink like this will impede your efforts. Just FYI. By all means, drink them if you enjoy them and don't have issues with your health. Wow, I'm sounding like a Negative Nancy aren't I?! What I mean to say is, drink with full, informed consent. Ok, now I sound too nerdy, I'm going to go now...

:yeahthat:

16 Jun 2010 19:59 #27 by Abner
Replied by Abner on topic I discovered a new discovery
I totaly agree with you Science Chic, water and fruit. Water is so refreshing, especially from our mountain wells...and you can have a Fuji apple after that, yumm! And, one less bottle to throw away.

16 Jun 2010 20:17 #28 by Abner
Replied by Abner on topic I discovered a new discovery
Of course I write with a beer in hand....

16 Jun 2010 21:08 #29 by pinedust

Abner wrote: Of course I write with a beer in hand....

:thumbsup: Beer covers how many food groups?

26 Jun 2010 11:22 #30 by Wayne Harrison
For VL and any other Sobe lovers, King Soopers has a huge end-of-aisle display (facing the cash registers) at the Aspen Park store. And it's on sale for 88 cents a bottle.

I asked the manager and he said they had heard VL was hyping it here so they expected a big run and put up the display because of it.

At the top of the display is a big sign that says, "You Don't Have To Go To Las Vegas To Find Sobe!"

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds