285Bound Announces E-mail Alerts!

15 Jun 2010 18:04 #1 by Wayne Harrison
I'm very pleased to announce that 285Bound members now have something no other local website has: e-mail alerts to let you know about developing situations in our area that can affect your family, your home and your animals.

As many of you know, I had been after Pinecam for some time, trying to get them to fix the e-mail alert system that Kurt and I began in 2004. The Pinecam system has not worked in over a year and there didn't seem to be any priority to get it fixed, something that disappointed me greatly.

I approached the 285Bound team about the problem and they got on it right away, coming up with an e-mail alert system in record time.

They plan to use this system to alert subscribers to situations of importance including fires, local highway closures, and significant weather warnings that directly affect the 285 corridor.

In addition, 285Bound is partnering with local businesses along the corridor to offer members "Bounder Bargains" ---285Bound ONLY specials and money-saving discounts. When you're signing up for e-mail alerts you can also sign up to receive these e-mails from local businesses. They won't be used for regular sales pitches but for specials offered ONLY to those who receive the e-mails.

Finally, you can also sign up for the 285Bound newsletter to find out what's happening in our area.

I'm proud to be the one to announce this because I think it's something that residents up here really need: a local alert system and I've been fighting to get it restored for some time.

Whether you're a 285Bound fan or loyal Pinecam fan, I hope you'll take a minute and sign up for the 285Bound e-mail alerts -- currently the only ones available on any local website. Here's the link:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.285bound.com/Forums/email_sub.php " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">email_sub.php<!-- l --> (or just click on E-mail Alerts under the 285Bound banner).

I would be remiss if I didn't give a big shout out to Pinedust for stepping up and getting this system online. Thanks, Jim! You've done the 285 corridor a great service. :thumbsup:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jun 2010 18:55 #2 by jf1acai

....just lick on E-mail Alerts under the 285Bound banner

I'm pleased that I didn't have to 'lick' anything to get signed up! :)

Big Thanks to Wayne, Dusty and everyone else involved for getting this done!

:party :party :party

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

15 Jun 2010 18:59 #3 by MyMountainTown
We are very lucky to have some very talented people working on this site. Thank you to Pinedust and Wayne.

285 Bound Staff

I tried to lick the screen it didn't work. LOL :jk:

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

15 Jun 2010 19:19 #4 by pacamom
Great job! I just hope I don't get any emergency alerts. (which would be a good thing)

15 Jun 2010 20:03 #5 by FoothillsRealtor
great, thank you Wayne, I just signed up for it!

Sophia S Paul, Broker Associate
Home Real Estate
Bailey, CO
303-838-3322           

15 Jun 2010 20:13 #6 by LopingAlong
Nice! This is a real selling point IMO!

16 Jun 2010 05:59 #7 by RivendaleFarms
Thanks Wayne and Pinedust - this is huge, especially for those of who are down the hill during the day! Also, since it's email address driven rather than nickname, I was able to put in both my personal and office email addresses. Fantastic!!!!

P.S. my Yahoo mail tossed the message in Spam, so everyone make sure to check your spam and add the alert address to your contacts list.

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

16 Jun 2010 06:44 #8 by pacamom
Hmmm. I didn't get any email to either one of my email addresses. Was it some sort of confirmation email?

16 Jun 2010 06:49 #9 by jf1acai
The acknowledgment email is a new feature, currently being worked on. :)

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

16 Jun 2010 07:09 #10 by RivendaleFarms
It was a thank you/confirmation, but I subscribed after you did Paca, so sounds like that's why.

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds