Creek Levels, runoff starting?

31 May 2011 19:19 #1 by LOL
Was at the Boulder creek festival this weekend and the creek looked pretty tame Saturday.
In Golden Monday afternoon, and I noticed Clear Creek by Coors was running pretty good thru town under the "main street" bridge, brown and murky and up to the edges.

I bet this week is when the water starts to run with the rising temps!

Be careful out there!

Keep this channel open for further updates. :)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 May 2011 19:57 #2 by Wily Fox aka Angela
our spring just started running after nothing so far. It usually starts in early May and fills our pond. this year was not looking good, so maybe things are just now catching up. I am pleased to see the water.

31 May 2011 22:02 #3 by Martin Ent Inc
Western slope hasn't started too much yet. White water rafting this past weekend, and TONS of snow up high. CO river outa the banks in some areas of Glenwood canyon.

01 Jun 2011 07:22 #4 by jf1acai
Surface water conditions, South Platte tributaries, with access to other river systems - http://www.dwr.state.co.us/SurfaceWater ... aspx?div=1

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

01 Jun 2011 08:20 #5 by Photo-fish
Bear Creek above Evergreen went above 50 cfs on Monday, but is down to 40's again today. I doubt it will get above 60 cfs in the coming weeks, not that much snow up there.

An article in the paper yesterday mentioned that there were less severe dust storms this year so the amount of dust on top of the snow layers will not increase the melt. I don't think it will matter too much with the warm temps and winds however.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds