I am a very proud Mother today

01 Jun 2011 12:56 #1 by CinnamonGirl
I am a very proud Mother today was created by CinnamonGirl
I just wanted to say a shout out to my son today.

Today is his last day of college and after 3 1/2 years of hard work.
Even after he had to start 6 months late because of his brain tumor he graduated on time with a double major.

He graduated with the highest GPA of all the business majors at DU business school.
He got a 97% percentile on his GMAT.
Has a double major.
Received a couple other awards.
His standards for himself throughout high school (international baccalaureate program) and College were outstanding.

I am very proud of him and just wanted to say so.

I could not ask for two more amazing kids in my life (my daughter too). I am very lucky.

Proud of you guys!! MOM
:fireworks4:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Jun 2011 13:10 #2 by jf1acai
Congratulations!

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

01 Jun 2011 13:18 #3 by ComputerBreath
Absolutely fantastic! Good on you Mom (and son)!

01 Jun 2011 13:31 #4 by archer
You have every reason to be proud, as does your son. Getting through college on time is an accomplishment, even when you don't start late....so he gets double kudos!

01 Jun 2011 13:33 #5 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic I am a very proud Mother today
Well congrats CG and son, sounds like a bright guy! Are you looking into graduate schools? If not, he could always get a job and work on an MBA part time and let the company help pay for it. Good luck!

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

01 Jun 2011 13:51 - 02 Jun 2011 15:13 #6 by 2wlady
Wow! What a tenacious guy he is. You both deserve to sing his accolades to the tree tops!

Edited to correct typo.

01 Jun 2011 14:15 #7 by Mtn Gramma
Congratulations to BOTH of you for jobs well done.

01 Jun 2011 14:19 #8 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic I am a very proud Mother today

Joe wrote: Well congrats CG and son, sounds like a bright guy! Are you looking into graduate schools? If not, he could always get a job and work on an MBA part time and let the company help pay for it. Good luck!

He was accepted in the DU one year major program but decided to take a little break. He would love to get his major at a prestigious school at some point but having a company pay for it is the plan now I think. :)

01 Jun 2011 14:29 #9 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic I am a very proud Mother today
Oh, and I forgot to say thanks for the congratulations. One thing about me and my family we are not afraid of working hard. I hope he can adjust to the time off. LOL

01 Jun 2011 16:44 #10 by ScienceChic
Congrats to him for the amazing accomplishment! I really like hanging out with both your kids CG - you did a great job raising them! XOXO to all from me!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds