What is there to do here to celebrate the Fourth of July?

17 Jun 2010 08:08 #1 by abc
This will be my first year in CO on this holiday. Since we have always celebrated this back in MA my kids are used to having a bbq/pool party at a friends house and after dark we shoot off fireworks. This is not an option here so I need suggestions on what we can do. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jun 2010 08:15 #2 by LopingAlong
Go to a Rockies game and watch theirs or find a high spot and watch all of Denver's from here--really, they look so small!--or go to any number of fireworks displays. Not sure how you find them, I'm always certain some fool will light the mountain on fire and I don't want to be down the hill if evac is needed. It never has been, mind you, but with all the critters I have, I just stay home.

17 Jun 2010 08:19 #3 by pacamom
They have a big celebration at Evergreen Lake - ends at 5pm on the 4th, so you still have time to find fireworks.

17 Jun 2010 08:37 #4 by The Viking
Also, I am not sure if they still have it but I love the fireworks show in Georgetown. It has been a few years since I went though so I am not sure what they do there.

17 Jun 2010 08:55 #5 by Ronbo
Como puts on a good show. Some people spend the day in Como (not sure what they do all day as I have not done this) but a lot of people show up for just the fireworks show. Many people will park across the highway (285) out in a pasture and watch the show from there.

17 Jun 2010 09:12 #6 by daisychain
We went to Indian Hills celebration last year. They put on a huge display but I don't know if they are going to do the same this year.

17 Jun 2010 10:29 #7 by pepperfan451
Now that we live in Bailey we go to Como every year. The absolute best display in the state though is Estes Park. We rented a lovely cabin and got there early. The fireworks are over the lake and it is just amazing.

17 Jun 2010 10:40 #8 by LopingAlong
The best show I ever saw was at the pond back in Harris Park years ago. Not even sure who put the show on, but it was fabulous. I've heard Estes is really nice too.
Hard to believe the year is already half over, isn't it?

17 Jun 2010 11:01 #9 by ComputerBreath
The shown in Como is excellent. The one in Fairplay isn't too bad. You might think about going to the top of Lookout Mountain and overlooking the Denver Metro area...fantastic views.

If you're looking for something all day...I'm unsure, though I do know there are things planned (Breckenridge, Dillon, and Frisco have various things during the day), depending on how far you want to drive.

17 Jun 2010 12:01 #10 by Southpark
Como has stuff going on all afternoon. Food and craft vendors, sack races for the kids and watermelon eating contests. And my personal favorite, the frying pan toss. Wives toss cast iron frying pans at their husbands and try to get as close as they can without actually hitting them. They usually have a chili dinner at the community center before the fireworks. I usually see a schedule of events in The Flume.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds