Running cable on 285 at park n ride mm 234

08 Jun 2011 16:59 #1 by Wily Fox aka Angela
what is it? anybody know? Please tell me something fast for internet connections!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jun 2011 17:07 #2 by LOL
I think it is a new green, alternative energy, transportation device prototype invented by Al Gore. It uses hydro power from the S. Platte, to wind up a giant spring, and it will catapult 285 commuters up and down the hill in record time. Similar to the transporter in Star Trek. Even faster in the winter when ice and snow reduces takeoff and landing friction.

Seriously, I have no idea what it is!

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

08 Jun 2011 20:36 #3 by pineinthegrass
Speaking of fast internet, I was at a business right at Pine Junction today. I was working on one of their computers and was very surprised to discover that they were getting 7 MBS service from Qwest!

I've heard there were fiber optics up here, but this is the first time where I actually saw that high speed.

Needless to say, I called Qwest because I'm just about 2.5 miles from there. After talking to a few people, I was told by one that they will be expanding higher speed here in the summer. But no word if it will reach my place. I was told it would be no extra charge, so that adds doubt right there. But still, I think they list it at $5 a month extra.

I then got into my pricing with them. After an hour or so, at least I got $20/mo off my DirecTV for a year, and an offer for $20/mo off my internet/telephone as well.

09 Jun 2011 05:50 #4 by LOL
Oh, I was thinking of a different kind of cable. Maybe it is part of high speed internet stuff. I seem to remember alot of Fed stimulus money was granted for rural area high speed internet. Maybe Conifer got some.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

09 Jun 2011 07:00 #5 by TPP
Police are sitting there... waiting Speed Limit goes from 55 to 40 with a little sign in the gutter off the road, just at the turn...
Saw 3 (2 Staties, 1 Jeffco) yesterday about 16:15...
Gotta make that revenue at the beginning of the month.
Funny haven't seen the Morrison Police in weeks though?????????? Morning or night? OOOOO Red Rocks Season???

09 Jun 2011 10:02 #6 by Wily Fox aka Angela
and fines are DOUBLED.... nice little money maker

13 Jun 2011 12:29 #7 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I just talked with the company that is putting the cable in... If you see now, they are drilling at Wagon Trail and they are putting in an overhead Amber Alert Sign. I must say I am very disappointed, not only are we not getting high speed internet, we are getting more light pollution right at the entrance to our neighborhood. Well, at least it will be an easy landmark when giving out directions.

13 Jun 2011 14:22 #8 by TPP
Too bad, IMO, kids may think that's a really big target.

13 Jun 2011 18:37 #9 by Wayne Harrison

pineinthegrass wrote: Speaking of fast internet, I was at a business right at Pine Junction today. I was working on one of their computers and was very surprised to discover that they were getting 7 MBS service from Qwest!

I've heard there were fiber optics up here, but this is the first time where I actually saw that high speed.

Needless to say, I called Qwest because I'm just about 2.5 miles from there. After talking to a few people, I was told by one that they will be expanding higher speed here in the summer. But no word if it will reach my place. I was told it would be no extra charge, so that adds doubt right there. But still, I think they list it at $5 a month extra.

I then got into my pricing with them. After an hour or so, at least I got $20/mo off my DirecTV for a year, and an offer for $20/mo off my internet/telephone as well.

I just upgraded from 1.5 Mbs to 7 Mbs with Qwest for only $10 a month more than I was paying through my DirectTV/Qwest deal. I signed up for that over the phone.

13 Jun 2011 19:27 #10 by Wily Fox aka Angela
where are you, roughly, Wayne? we can only get 1.5 DSL as far as I know. Has something changed lately?

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds