Running cable on 285 at park n ride mm 234

13 Jun 2011 20:26 #11 by Wayne Harrison
I'm in Highland Pines, behind the stores at Pine Junction. A short walk to Ms Mam's house.

When I installed my Roku Internet video player that connects to my TV, I found I needed at least 3 Mbs and called Qwest to see what they offered. 7 Mbs was the next tier up from 1.5.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jun 2011 20:27 #12 by Wily Fox aka Angela
their website if I type in our zip code shows only 1.5, I am going to call them tomorrow and see.thanks!

14 Jun 2011 09:33 #13 by V_A
wayne is very close the Qwest POP, thus the higher speeds. It will take a while before the repeaters etc are rolled out the boxes further away from the POP before Qwest can offer 7 meg at your home.

14 Jun 2011 19:45 #14 by Wily Fox aka Angela
thanks, XP...I did send an email into Qwest asking them for a schedule that it MUST be running right by us since it is available further up the hill.
I expect to hear back within the next day or so

14 Jun 2011 21:33 #15 by Wayne Harrison

X_P wrote: wayne is very close the Qwest POP, thus the higher speeds. It will take a while before the repeaters etc are rolled out the boxes further away from the POP before Qwest can offer 7 meg at your home.

I was surprised to learn the Bailey Switching Office is in Pine Junction. We're less than a mile away.

14 Jun 2011 21:48 #16 by pineinthegrass

WayneH wrote:

X_P wrote: wayne is very close the Qwest POP, thus the higher speeds. It will take a while before the repeaters etc are rolled out the boxes further away from the POP before Qwest can offer 7 meg at your home.

I was surprised to learn the Bailey Switching Office is in Pine Junction. We're less than a mile away.

Just hope I get it soon too! I'm only a couple of miles further away. I want to start doing some serious video streaming and back off my huge DirecTV bill!

14 Jun 2011 22:11 #17 by Blazer Bob
I am two miles down Wandcrest. I just clocked my self at 6.98 MBPS.

http://www.qwest.com/myqwestinternet/vi ... .html#tip2

Before I moved the modem to a different jack it was about 1/10th that.

14 Jun 2011 22:22 #18 by pineinthegrass

neptunechimney wrote: I am two miles down Wandcrest. I just clocked my self at 6.98 MBPS.

So they aren't charging you extra for that? Maybe the person I talked to at Qwest was correct that there is no extra charge? But that's not what Wayne said.

I ran the speed test. Got 1.2 Mps. But I'm north of Pine Junction.

Want to swap homes? lol

14 Jun 2011 22:40 #19 by Blazer Bob

pineinthegrass wrote:

neptunechimney wrote: I am two miles down Wandcrest. I just clocked my self at 6.98 MBPS.

So they aren't charging you extra for that? Maybe the person I talked to at Qwest was correct that there is no extra charge? But that's not what Wayne said.

I ran the speed test. Got 1.2 Mps. But I'm north of Pine Junction.

Want to swap homes? lol

No, you have too much to dust. As far as I know, we are not paying extra.

I have no particular expertise but what I suggest is unplugging everything in your phone jacks. Then moving your modem from jack to jack and doing a speed test at each one. If there is a difference between jacks leave it in the fastest then plug things back in one by one to see if any of them are dirtying up the circuit.

15 Jun 2011 08:33 #20 by Wily Fox aka Angela
hmmmm.... well my test was 1.3 ;-(

sshhhhh, neptunechimney

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds