Best neighbor ever

10 Jun 2011 15:53 #1 by JMC
Best neighbor ever was created by JMC
I stay to myself but I have the best neighbor anyone could wish for, I have been a little sick, and knowing that, he trimmed 5 acres of trees, cleared slash and defines why I live up here. He has had some health issues also.
He has no idea about the site just a great neighbor. I know just feel good crap, but made me feel better.
Thanks friend.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jun 2011 17:15 #2 by Wily Fox aka Angela
that's what I like about it, too.
Last year, we cut down (limbed and bucked) a bunch of pine trees for our retired neighbors (they retired here from MIAMI!!!!) and took all the slash to slash days. then we arranged for a truck and people that needed the wood to come by and pick up the trees. They are always working on their property, so they were thrilled and we had a wonderful lunch and time to really get to know them better. I have another neighbor that whenever I go to the grocery store, I always get two extra apples for their palominos (mom and daughter). I even keep a knife to cut them up for them, god forbid they should suffer. They are in the habit now that they scream when they see me stop. They give me the stink eye if I drive by and don't stop. Man, guilt is a real motivator. Last week I was up on a ladder out on the back deck and another neighbor comes walking through the trees to see if we owned that beagle that he almost caught.

hope you're feeling better.
cheers,
Ang

10 Jun 2011 18:14 #3 by mummydog
Replied by mummydog on topic Best neighbor ever
Good neighbors are great!

Back in the blizzard of 2003 the DH was in San Diego with his daughter, recuperating from heart bypass surgery. We had about 6' of snow here. A neighbor came by with snowshoes and a sled, going around the neighborhood to see if anyone including me needed anything. After 3+ days of me shoveling our driveway, another neighbor showed up with a D-10 front end loader to bust out the 8' at the top of the drive that the plows left.He did the whole neighborhood.

So, when I had Splintered Forest come by to trim and chip our trees, I had them do the next door neighbor adjacent to us too.

Pay it forward!!

10 Jun 2011 18:31 #4 by Wily Fox aka Angela
that is awesome that you sent Brad and his crew over. Those guys are great! they did out back hillside last fall

10 Jun 2011 18:52 #5 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Best neighbor ever
Neighbors helping neighbors, I love it!

:like: :thumbsup:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

10 Jun 2011 19:11 #6 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Best neighbor ever
Good neighbors are so important and I love where I live right now, everyone gets along and no one is put out if a neighbor asks another to do or not do something. I love knowing that the neighbors are looking out for me when I am out of town and that if I was away and an emergency came up that the Wundermutt would be well cared for. I do my dead level best to give back to my neighbors and my neighborhood, when a neighbor asks for help I drop what I'm doing and help out as much as I can.

It's nice to know you have people living around you who like you and trust you and to feel the same about your neighbors. It's a rare day when I dread walking through the neighborhood and running in to other neighbors with their dogs, we try to get together frequently with our mutts so they all get to know each other and the leaders of their individual packs.

I dread seeing a for sale sign in my neighborhood because you never know who is moving in next but so far the neighborhood has managed to win over every newcomer.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

10 Jun 2011 19:56 #7 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Best neighbor ever
:thumbsup:

Just remember, we were all newcomers once, and very thankfull for the assistance from the 'old timers' :wink:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

11 Jun 2011 13:52 #8 by 40coupe
Replied by 40coupe on topic Best neighbor ever
Recently moved from my former 'rental' digs into a new (to me) place...really missed my Little Old Lady neighbor at the previous house, but within a week of moving here, I found I have the nicest older couple I could ever ask for as 'new' neighbors...they lived for some time in Alaska, and have a ton of memories I'm always ready to hear about. In the manner of the local Inuit, where they lived, I was told, "You come...we sit...we talk story!" What neat neighbors!

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds