Thanks to those that stopped

16 Jun 2011 21:44 #1 by Hoot Owl
I got T-boned by a deer this morning. Three cars stopped to help. One reminded me to call for help, but stopped to make sure I had a phone. One was a volunteer fire fighter that had his lights onto protect the deer laying in the lane of traffic. Sorry if you were late for work. Then the BMW guy that pulled the deer out of the lane of traffic, it was still alive and he managed to move it without getting hurt. To the Jeffco Sheriff Deputy thanks for calming my nerves, and putting my mirror back on. I cant see out of it, but that is ok. The deer woke up, ran down the hill, jumped a fence and probably has one hell of a headache.

Thanks all, and thanks for getting out of that lane, as I was waving you over.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jun 2011 21:54 #2 by Hoot Owl
My insurance is recommending the shop at Goddard Ranch Any feedback?

16 Jun 2011 21:58 #3 by chocolove
Glad you are ok!!! I have used the shop at goddard ranch and they were good but then they were under a different name...don't know if they are the same owners.

16 Jun 2011 22:05 #4 by Hoot Owl
I think it is Pearl autobody. Insurance company recommend them. I will go to them for the estimate.

16 Jun 2011 22:06 #5 by chocolove
Yes it is Peal now. I can't remember who they used to be but I used that shop before they were Pearl. I just don't know if they are the same owners.

16 Jun 2011 22:07 #6 by otisptoadwater
Good to hear that you came out of the experience unscathed. Unfortunately sometimes wildlife jumps on to the road and you have to choose between hitting animal, crossing into opposing traffic, or leaving the road. As cruel as it sounds your best course is almost always to hit the animal and then stop.

I'd go into the road kill menu and why it's important to have a substantial front bumper (wench and lots of cable is always an added plus) but that might be over the top... So let's just say "if you kill it, grill it..."

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

17 Jun 2011 00:46 #7 by The Viking

otisptoadwater wrote: Good to hear that you came out of the experience unscathed. Unfortunately sometimes wildlife jumps on to the road and you have to choose between hitting animal, crossing into opposing traffic, or leaving the road. As cruel as it sounds your best course is almost always to hit the animal and then stop.

I'd go into the road kill menu and why it's important to have a substantial front bumper (wench and lots of cable is always an added plus) but that might be over the top... So let's just say "if you kill it, grill it..."

:yeahthat:

17 Jun 2011 06:39 #8 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Thanks to those that stopped
Agreed, otis & viking, but I did see quiet a mess on NB 285 just past Windy pt. this morning, look like that critter didn't get very far, after whatever happened. Was that where it hit you Hoot Owl? If so I'm afraid that it may have been in shock & adrenaline when it left, because that almost looked like a bleed out...

17 Jun 2011 06:52 #9 by AV8OR
Replied by AV8OR on topic Thanks to those that stopped
MMMM....MMMM....MMMM, Bambi on the grill!

17 Jun 2011 07:23 #10 by Martin Ent Inc
Pearl Autobody is good different owners than when it was Conifer Autobody.

Sounds more like the deer ran into the side of the vehicle.

Anyway as for bumpers we build world class front rear etc, winch mounts, swing out tire carriers, roof racks etc.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds