How much do you spend on a first date?

17 Jun 2011 21:43 #31 by Local_Historian
My first real date didn't spend a dime -his mom bought the corsage, the dance tickets and drove us to the 8th grade formal dance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jun 2011 22:07 #32 by The Viking
The first date is a little pricey but after that all you need is an air pump or a good set of lungs. :biggrin:

17 Jun 2011 22:37 #33 by otisptoadwater
I'm probably still single because I think a first date is the time to find out if you have anything in common and determine if you like each other enough to date again. I like dogs and computers, I enjoy cooking and being around people who share my point of view but I also enjoy an intelligent debate. I'm also out of town a lot and I find most women that I have dated want more of my time than my job will allow. I was married for three years and things didn't work out, the divorce was ugly but it was worth it and I have no regrets but I'll confess to being a little gun shy. I like my "me time" and not being scrutinized over everything I do, when I make a mistake I learn from it and move on.

To me the ideal first date would be taking our dogs to the dog park for an afternoon and watching them play while we dined on some crusty bread, cheese, salami, and Rhine wine ($50.00-ish total). A walk in the woods and maybe a quick trip to an ice cream shop for a treat afterward but, the first date is all about learning about each other and deciding if there is a real spark there or if you should part ways or just be friends. Yes I'm a cheapskate and I admit it, for me the objective of the first date is not about flash and a show of wealth. It's all about understanding each other and getting to know each other.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

17 Jun 2011 22:42 #34 by The Viking

otisptoadwater wrote: I'm probably still single because I think a first date is the time to find out if you have anything in common and determine if you like each other enough to date again. I like dogs and computers, I enjoy cooking and being around people who share my point of view but I also enjoy an intelligent debate. I'm also out of town a lot and I find most women that I have dated want more of my time than my job will allow. I was married for three years and things didn't work out, the divorce was ugly but it was worth it and I have no regrets but I'll confess to being a little gun shy. I like my "me time" and not being scrutinized over everything I do, when I make a mistake I learn from it and move on.

To me the ideal first date would be taking our dogs to the dog park for an afternoon and watching them play while we dined on some crusty bread, cheese, salami, and Rhine wine ($50.00-ish total). A walk in the woods and maybe a quick trip to an ice cream shop for a treat afterward but, the first date is all about learning about each other and deciding if there is a real spark there or if you should part ways or just be friends. Yes I'm a cheapskate and I admit it, for me the objective of the first date is not about flash and a show of wealth. It's all about understanding each other and getting to know each other.

Great post! And you are not a cheapsakte at all. There is far more value in what you just posted and do on a first date than an expensive restaurant. The problem is what society is teaching people to expect anymore is more about what they can see in your bank account than what they can see in your heart. Don't change what you believe and you will find someone who is worthy of you.

17 Jun 2011 22:47 #35 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic How much do you spend on a first date?

That is so me as well. I would be very uncomfortable with someone spending alot when they barely know you.

Love your idea as well. I don't think you are a cheapskate.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds