How much do you spend on a first date?

17 Jun 2011 08:49 #11 by 2wlady
My DH said we better stay married because he can't afford to date!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jun 2011 08:50 #12 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic How much do you spend on a first date?
It is sort of hard to have a bunch of first dates and have to pay so much.

The coffee route is really the fair way to meet someone.

17 Jun 2011 08:51 #13 by Martin Ent Inc

WayneH wrote: I usually spend the going rate...

Do they charge extra for coming up the hill?? :biggrin:

17 Jun 2011 10:10 #14 by The Viking

Joe wrote: Men are supposed to pay? Its 50/50 baby. I've been liberated! LOL Fork it over. :)

Seriously, here is a funny story. My GF told me about a date she was on many years ago, the guy had a coupon "buy one get one free" and wanted her to pay so he could get the free meal. Haha what a chump! I laughed at that one. It was true too.

THAT was your sister?? Why didn't she ever call me back?

17 Jun 2011 10:11 #15 by The Viking

bailey bud wrote: !!!$220??!!

What on earth is worth that much???

Here's a Bailey Bud splurge date.......

Movies for two (2) $20
Italian for two (2) $50
Gas,etc.... Maybe $20.

Having her say let's go to my place.... Priceless......

17 Jun 2011 10:12 #16 by The Viking

The Viking wrote: Two appetizers and a condom?

And whatever the visit to the doctor costs when you can't figure out the new rash......

17 Jun 2011 11:43 #17 by ScienceChic

CinnamonGirl wrote: Denver men topped the list, while Cincinnati came in last at number 45 .[/i]

rofllol I can attest to that! Cheap-skates!

Viking - you're hilarious! Explains a lot as to why you're still single! tongue: :jk2:

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Do they charge extra for coming up the hill?? :biggrin:

Good question!

2wlady wrote: My DH said we better stay married because he can't afford to date!

Mine says I'm expensive (I like good food and wine - it's all his fault for being a great cook, and for introducing me to wine country when we lived in San Fran!)! If he'd start liking sci-fi movies, I'd be much cheaper! lol As it is, I now go by myself so it's as cheap as it gets...

Whatever happened to a night of bowling? Does a date really have to be that much? Where do single people go, and what do they pay for that costs so much? I used to go dancing - it cost $6 to get in, and $2/ea for the bottles of water I drank (booze and line dancing do NOT mix). Any single people here who can enlighten us?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

17 Jun 2011 14:16 #18 by BearMtnHIB

Emmett Fitz-Hume: My objective? Well I object to taking a girl out, you know, and buying her dinner and then she won't put out for you.

Watch out guys- there's alot of women who are working the date scene for those fancy dinners, and they have no intention of providing any "compensation". Yes- it's happened to me- last year I had a few dates (down in town) and it sure seemed like I was being played for a fancy dinner. And I've heard the same stories from a few friends - it seems like the bad economy is contributing to this.

I don't do the fancy first date anymore. In fact I just seem to hang out in Evergreen on the weekends, the last place I want to be on my day off is back in the big chitty- pandering to some mall rat for romance.

I'll hit Little Bear or the other night spot here in town, which is a very poor way to meet a partner of the opposite sex- which explains why I am still single- but I'd rather be single than be hooked up with someone who wants to spend the weekend in the city anyway.

I like the hills- and I'd like to find someone who would rather spend time up here than in the city. I'm also trying to buy my way out of corporate slavery so it would be nice if I don't have to spend a fortune on romance.

And hey- with all the money I'm saving- I used some to buy a new ham radio this year.

Now that's Sexy!

17 Jun 2011 14:23 #19 by jf1acai

I used some to buy a new ham radio this year.

:like: :thumbsup:

:biggrin:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

17 Jun 2011 14:47 #20 by TPP

Science Chic wrote: when we lived in San Fran!)

:VeryScared: THAT EXPLAINS A WHOLE LOT!!!!! :faint:

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds