Movies in the meadow

24 Jun 2011 13:32 #11 by Local_Historian
I think it was also to stop the swamp that was starting to form there, Loping.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jun 2011 13:44 #12 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic Movies in the meadow
Ha! In wet years, that whole pasture is a swamp! :)

24 Jun 2011 15:03 #13 by Photo-fish
Replied by Photo-fish on topic Movies in the meadow

Local_Historian wrote: Run by a church, showing children's movies?

True Grit and Iron Man are children's movies?

LopingAlong wrote: My only comment is why did they feel they had to chop down all the willows?

Local_Historian wrote: I think it was also to stop the swamp that was starting to form there, Loping.

Pretty much.
I had followed this on PC as well (Movies in the Meadow thread). I was actually one of the people that investigated and called Jeffco. I am still in contact with them as I do stream monitoring on both of the Turkey Creek forks and Bear Creek. The willow removal will allow a better line of site for those leaving the property onto hwy 73 and they were keeping the flow backed up some causing the creek to widen. Since there are no beavers there, the owners do need to manage the growth now and then. The willows area already growing back, the root structures were not removed. And they pulled out a lot of trash that had been there for years.

I believe it is a wetland personally and would like them to do more with that area. (Establish a better defined creek channel (preferably further away from the road) and throw in some rocks to create some pools and drop structures. Then allow the willows to grow back to a more manageable size.) Did you know there is a healthy brook trout population in N. Turkey creek? Shhh. It's a secret.

I do applaud them for trying to provide a community activity (FREE by the way). And if you can sneak booze into Red Rock, a meadow should be no problem I would think, :wink: but WHY you have to bring it is the question.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

24 Jun 2011 16:06 #14 by RivendaleFarms
Replied by RivendaleFarms on topic Movies in the meadow
Darn, I thought they were showing The Big Lebowski, but turns out that was at Red Rocks and I already missed it - it was May 31st. Bummer.

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

24 Jun 2011 16:16 #15 by Photo-fish
Do you think the church would consider showing Rocky Horror Picture Show? :faint: I think that would be a blast at Red Rocks.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

24 Jun 2011 16:20 #16 by RivendaleFarms
Let's do the Time Warp again!

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

24 Jun 2011 16:30 #17 by Photo-fish
It's just a jump to the left........

24 Jun 2011 16:35 #18 by RivendaleFarms
....and then a step to the right......

24 Jun 2011 16:50 #19 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic Movies in the meadow
Now I would go to see the Rocky Horror Picture Show but the rest I can watch at home where I can hit pause when I have to pee.

Can't forget that I also like a plate of hot nachos.

24 Jun 2011 16:51 #20 by RivendaleFarms
Well, thanks to Photo-fish I now have the Time Warp stuck in my head and will likely be singing it all the way home. (Even busted a move here in my cube at work, luckily no one saw......)

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds