Movies in the meadow

25 Jun 2011 10:49 #21 by pineinthegrass
Replied by pineinthegrass on topic Movies in the meadow
It was a very well done family event, although I think they got more people there than expected. The setting was nice. I think the temperature stayed in the upper 50's, but it still felt cold sitting there. Need to bundle up more next time.

Considering it was a church sponsored event, it was kind of funny as the crowd left during the closing credits. As we walked out in the dark, the movie was ending with AC/DC's "Highway to Hell". lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jun 2011 21:04 #22 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Movies in the meadow
lol :like: :thumbsup:

Only you would notice that pine! Nice! tongue:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

26 Jun 2011 21:23 #23 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Movies in the meadow

pineinthegrass wrote: It was a very well done family event, although I think they got more people there than expected. The setting was nice. I think the temperature stayed in the upper 50's, but it still felt cold sitting there. Need to bundle up more next time.

Considering it was a church sponsored event, it was kind of funny as the crowd left during the closing credits. As we walked out in the dark, the movie was ending with AC/DC's "Highway to Hell". lol

Didn't know you were there. We should have looked for each other. I agree, it was a great event. And it did get chilly.

26 Jun 2011 21:25 #24 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Movies in the meadow

Photo-fish wrote:

Local_Historian wrote: Run by a church, showing children's movies?

True Grit and Iron Man are children's movies?

LopingAlong wrote: My only comment is why did they feel they had to chop down all the willows?

Local_Historian wrote: I think it was also to stop the swamp that was starting to form there, Loping.

Pretty much.
I had followed this on PC as well (Movies in the Meadow thread). I was actually one of the people that investigated and called Jeffco. I am still in contact with them as I do stream monitoring on both of the Turkey Creek forks and Bear Creek. The willow removal will allow a better line of site for those leaving the property onto hwy 73 and they were keeping the flow backed up some causing the creek to widen. Since there are no beavers there, the owners do need to manage the growth now and then. The willows area already growing back, the root structures were not removed. And they pulled out a lot of trash that had been there for years.

I believe it is a wetland personally and would like them to do more with that area. (Establish a better defined creek channel (preferably further away from the road) and throw in some rocks to create some pools and drop structures. Then allow the willows to grow back to a more manageable size.) Did you know there is a healthy brook trout population in N. Turkey creek? Shhh. It's a secret.

I do applaud them for trying to provide a community activity (FREE by the way). And if you can sneak booze into Red Rock, a meadow should be no problem I would think, :wink: but WHY you have to bring it is the question.

Good post and thanks for finding the positive in this FREE event where they are trying to do something for our community. I am noticing that too many people up here keep finding the negative in most anything that happens.

28 Jun 2011 06:52 #25 by Tyfars
Replied by Tyfars on topic Movies in the meadow
I think Raiders of the Lost Ark series would be a good choice.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds