Please let it rain

25 Jun 2011 18:57 #11 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Please let it rain
I'm right there with you guys, the pollen is a killer for me and I get to the point with the heat that not only am I uncomfortable, I am constantly sneezing and clogged up with a skull full of snot. I refer to summer in Colorado as the bad months of the year because I hate being hot and the pollens and molds make me doubly miserable. Fortunately I have meds that work for the congestion but there is no cure for being too hot other than cold showers, shade, and a good fan.

Then there's the ever constant danger of a fire, exacerbated by dry conditions, high winds, and ignorant people flicking their cigaret butts out the car window and building slash and camp fires when the fire danger is already way too high.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jun 2011 19:12 #12 by mountaindollar
Replied by mountaindollar on topic Please let it rain
Yes you can and it is way yummy!!!!!

Simply stack your dishwasher but leave room on the top for your fish. You will be poaching it so add what you would like to it and make sure you select heat drying.

Wrap the fish in 3 or 4 layers of aluminum foil (leave head on) wash your dishes, pull the fish out and all you have to do is grab the head and shake a little all the meat falls off the bones and back, then enjoy.

25 Jun 2011 19:19 #13 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Please let it rain
Hmmm, kill 2 birds with one stone - I like it!

I will have to try that.

Of course, that means I have to wash the dishes :wink:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

25 Jun 2011 19:21 #14 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Please let it rain
wait, you cannot use detergent right?

25 Jun 2011 19:24 #15 by mountaindollar
Well hopefully your have to do that every now and again any how.

You can do this with any fish you want to poach store bought and all.

Wash your dishes detergent and all that is why you wrap it in three or four layers of foil.

25 Jun 2011 19:38 #16 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Please let it rain
Jeez, I don't think I could do that. I would do it without.

25 Jun 2011 19:46 #17 by mountaindollar
Wimp!!!!

My Mom is 80 years old and growing up she cooked fish in the dishwasher all the time.

If it makes you feel better use good foil for the first layer then use the cheap stuff.

Remember I did a 5 pound trout, I did wrap it different directions and it was fine.

25 Jun 2011 19:54 #18 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Please let it rain
LOL, you do have to 'clean' the fish somehow, right? :wink:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

25 Jun 2011 20:03 #19 by mountaindollar
Well yes, all guts removed and ready for cooking.

I just want one of you to give it a try and then WOW a new rave will start. If our motorhome had a dishwasher I would cook it this way as it is fool proof and good for you.

Ok, if you stuff it with butter like we do, not so good but you can use olive oil and and fresh lemon. We also add garlic, onion and all the good stuff.

Just think of what you would do if you poached it and do the same thing but, wash your dishes at the same time.

I will be great and you have one less chore to do.

25 Jun 2011 20:08 #20 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Please let it rain
Last time I loaded the dishwasher I shared a nice bottle of wine with an old girlfriend... As to how one might cook a fish in that transaction? I had better not go there...

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds