Tiny fire? Right now, there's no such thing

06 Jul 2011 10:36 #1 by jf1acai

July 06, 2011 7:05 AM
BARRY NOREEN
THE GAZETTE

All of the king’s horses and men responded to a four-acre Bear Canyon forest fire in the foothills on Monday, and the massive response worked.

The quick reaction staved off fears that all of Pikes Peak would be turned to cinders as the nation tuned in to watch the U.S. Women’s Open golf tournament at The Broadmoor. It’s charming and exotic when a bear is caught on video walking across the fairway, as occurred during the 2008 U.S. Senior Open, but a forest fire is not the sort of publicity anyone seeks, especially as television crews swarm the area.

Three fire crews, from the U.S. Forest Service, El Paso County and the Colorado Springs Fire Department, were called in, assisted by repeated aerial bombardments from two helicopters and two slurry bombers. It was a big-time multi-tiered government response, considering it was such a tiny fire.

Read more: http://www.gazette.com/articles/thing-1 ... z1RLLpTN6V

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Jul 2011 10:44 #2 by Sunshine Girl
I agree, there is no such thing as a tiny fire. Same as there is no such thing as, "it's just a grass fire" when surrounded by a forest. Duh! :faint:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds