We don't want Moderation!

07 Jul 2011 19:25 #1 by jf1acai
Except in the weather - it wouldl be very nice if Mother Nature would be a bit more moderate at times :wink:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jul 2011 19:54 #2 by Blazer Bob
Not all of us. I like the model over at siliconinvestor. Anyone starting a thread can set it up to be moderated or unmoderated and defines the terms of moderation. Too harsh and the thread dies or becomes an echo chamber. Too light and it becomes a food fight. Everyone finds threads that they are comfortable with. There are threads there that I have participated in for over a decade.

07 Jul 2011 20:01 #3 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic We don't want Moderation!
I like self moderation in moderation. Huh?

Actually I like the thumbs up/thumbs down count I see on some of the comment sites like Yahoo. It could be motivation for writing good posts.

Also Craigslist rants and raves uses a self-moderated flagging system, seems to work for them.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

08 Jul 2011 09:33 #4 by Sunshine Girl
I couldn't go back to a heavily moderated site EVER!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

08 Jul 2011 09:42 #5 by Nobody that matters
I like pie.

Rhubabrb, cherry, apple, peach, pecan, sour cream and rasin, chocolate, shepherd's...

I don't think I've ever had a pie I didn't like.

Thanks for reading this. You've just enjoyed a very nearly complete off-topic post.

Vote for me for president of the U.S. I'll be running on the "Smart-ass that wants a fat retirement" ticket.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

08 Jul 2011 11:18 #6 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic We don't want Moderation!

Nobody that matters wrote: I like pie.

Rhubabrb, cherry, apple, peach, pecan, sour cream and rasin, chocolate, shepherd's...

Thanks for reading this. You've just enjoyed a very nearly complete off-topic post.

Vote for me for president of the U.S. I'll be running on the "Smart-ass that wants a fat retirement" ticket.

I prefer apple, peach, key lime, and almost any berry pie, not so big on chocolate pie.

08 Jul 2011 11:29 #7 by Sunshine Girl

Nobody that matters wrote: I like pie.

LOL Why do I feel the over-whelming need to vote for you? :thumbsup:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

08 Jul 2011 11:33 #8 by The Viking

Sunshine Girl wrote: I couldn't go back to a heavily moderated site EVER!

Agreesd. If this site ever become moderated and started to end threads or warn people on certain threads, I would stop posting here and just use Facebook.

08 Jul 2011 12:05 #9 by Nobody that matters

Sunshine Girl wrote: LOL Why do I feel the over-whelming need to vote for you? :thumbsup:

Because I'm exactly what America needs... A POTUS that will accomplish very nearly nothing except to stymie congress, thus enabling the American public to go about re-building the country from the steamroller of the recent administrations.

Oh, and I look kinda good too. I clean up well. :biggrin:

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

08 Jul 2011 12:19 #10 by Sunshine Girl

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds