ANYBODY going to the Mile High Nationals at Bandimere ?

24 Jul 2011 09:18 #11 by jf1acai
I KNEW the reason it is so hot was because of the Nationals! :wink:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jul 2011 09:29 #12 by Wily Fox aka Angela
We had a girl driving one of the funny cars!

driving for The best hamburger EVER (from personal experience)

NHRA official starter, Rick Stewart

I would HATE this job and these kids were only wearing ear plugs, no ear muffs and the NITRO was deadly

I just loved their paint job

and this guy's gold and blue leathers

24 Jul 2011 09:40 #13 by jf1acai
Thanks for the pix!

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

24 Jul 2011 09:45 #14 by Wily Fox aka Angela
You're welcome!
We were in good seats for taking pictures, third row on the end of the row, at the starting line, closest we've ever sat. We won't do that again, though. Too close! the nitro was deadly, just got rid of my headache and my eyes are still burning. I don't know how those guys do it down there.

24 Jul 2011 09:58 #15 by Martin Ent Inc

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: You're welcome!
We were in good seats for taking pictures, third row on the end of the row, at the starting line, closest we've ever sat. We won't do that again, though. Too close! the nitro was deadly, just got rid of my headache and my eyes are still burning. I don't know how those guys do it down there.

rofllol

24 Jul 2011 15:11 #16 by Wily Fox aka Angela
this is what saved our asses.
soak it in water, twist out excess and put around your neck. just turn it over and you're instantly cool again. Lasts for hours. when you need to just wet it again. I was dunking ours in ice water

they have all kinds of products for those out fighting the heat

http://www.ergodyne.com/products/pages/ ... &ShowPro=1

24 Jul 2011 20:00 #17 by Martin Ent Inc
Try being a competitor. sitting in hot car no relief. sux...

24 Jul 2011 20:30 - 24 Jul 2011 22:03 #18 by Rockdoc

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Try being a competitor. sitting in hot car no relief. sux...

But, the rumble and powerful vibrations of the engine juices you up. Then again, I do not recall such high temperatures during my days in New York. Waiting is no fun, but the adrenalin rush during the burn out and run is great. Too bad it lasts only for a few seconds :) ) Looking back fondly on those times.

24 Jul 2011 21:50 #19 by CC
Great picks......Bandimere was great this year.....HOT but good. I will be nursing a sunburn this coming week.

24 Jul 2011 21:56 #20 by ScienceChic

Rockdoc Franz wrote: But, the rumble and powerful vibrations of the engine juices you up.

:yeahthat: I LOVE sitting in the stands for that reason alone! (Almost as good as riding on a Harley!) :thumbsup:

I'm sad that I'm not there to see it this year - definitely next year!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds