ANYBODY going to the Mile High Nationals at Bandimere ?

19 Jul 2011 12:57 #1 by Wily Fox aka Angela

We go to this every year (except last, we forgot!) and it is SOOOOO MUCH FUN! and this year, even more so.

Mopar Mile-High NHRA Nationals 60th Anniversary

The Mopar Mile-High NHRA Nationals is already a must-see event, but finding a ticket for the 2011 running of the race at what is arguably one of the most hospitable tracks on the NHRA Full Throttle Series circuit will be that much more difficult.
Why? Because in addition to presenting John Force, Larry Dixon and all of the 7,000-horsepower stars of today's NHRA Full Throttle Series, NHRA will celebrate its 60th anniversary season by turning back the clock and showcasing the sport's rich tradition with displays, autograph sessions, and meet-and-greets with the legends of drag racing and much more.

Pacamom, get this!

And Bandimere Speedway fans will be treated to one of the greatest of the many great NHRA Legends in Shirley Muldowney. A three-time world champion, Muldowney was a pioneer for women in all sports, and she will be celebrating the 35th anniversary of her breakthrough first win by a female in a Top Fuel dragster (in Columbus, Ohio on June 13, 1976).

Just don't forget ear plugs and muffs, a good sun hat, sunscreen, a camera/binoculars, and beer money.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jul 2011 14:15 #2 by CC
We will be there this wekend.
The family works for Full Throttle setting up everything and in return, we are given tickets to the entire 4 day event. Would love to catch up with you Angela on Sunday. We will have an easy up somewhere along the fence. PM for a # ok.
Your right....this is a blast to attend.

19 Jul 2011 14:21 #3 by Wily Fox aka Angela
We have tickets for Saturday only (and that was a splurge at $100)

and that is cool about full throttle... and PUN INTENDED on BLAST TO ATTEND, eh??? HA! :excited:

19 Jul 2011 15:34 #4 by pacamom
Haha Wily. I have my own race to go to this weekend. I got a t-shirt last weekend that has a list of women racers. Shirley is listed as well as Ashley and Courtney Force among many others. Another one listed is Patty Tunnell who I've had the opportunity to get some pointers from. :biggrin:

I would love to go one year, but don't know if I could deal with the traffic.

19 Jul 2011 16:30 #5 by Wily Fox aka Angela
arrive a bit late and leave a bit early... that has always worked for us :-0

where are you racing?

19 Jul 2011 17:38 #6 by pacamom
Front range airport. Autocross. BMW club.

23 Jul 2011 19:51 #7 by jf1acai
So who went today? Any reports?

I was impressed that traffic on C470 was little affected at the times I went by, and looked like good attendance at Bandimere.

:thumbsup:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

23 Jul 2011 22:43 #8 by CC
We went yesterday and we are going back tomorrow.
Friday night qualifying was awesome.
Someone was hurt pretty badly in the parking lot and was wondering if anyone here knew anything about it. I hope the guy was OK.

24 Jul 2011 09:12 - 24 Jul 2011 10:03 #9 by Wily Fox aka Angela
[youtube:yfbvv1af]
[/youtube:yfbvv1af]

the "Christmas tree is in this shots to countdown the launch"

24 Jul 2011 09:13 #10 by Wily Fox aka Angela
It was HELLA HOT! 98 Degrees when we left. Folks were doing whatever they could to stay cool

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds