Just when you think...Road and Bridge rant!

20 Jul 2011 21:49 #11 by mopar
seems that everyone wants tha roads fixed ,, then bitch about how they're doing it , if ya don't like tha method ,, go get a degree in road / traffic engineering , then get hired and do it your way ,,

seems ya gotta do tha work, at tha times when people arn't inconvienced ,, zero dark thirty ain't a good time to fix roads , ya gotta see it to fix it ,,,

oh, fergot ,, tha road crew parks trucks in wrong place ,, wadda ya want them to park ,,,1 mile away , then walk to job site ,,

they need tha truck there to do tha job ,,DUH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jul 2011 22:00 #12 by Martin Ent Inc
Hey mopar you ain't here and they ain't got no common sense.
A high schooler could figure out the flow of traffic better and as far as them doing a good job... LOL

No one is bitchin bout the roads being fixed however it is just cosmetic it is not being fixed.
Oil chips, and paint, look like you are making an effort is all.

I know PC R&B don't have the funds, so they are doing the best they can with what they have. But it is comical because the personell really have no comprehension of where they are or what they are doing.

20 Jul 2011 22:01 #13 by Martin Ent Inc
PS welcome to the REAL world as PC is a fantasy.

20 Jul 2011 22:07 #14 by Hoot Owl
Mopar, when is the last time you drove that road Wait, a second, what road are you bitching about? and how does it impact you?

20 Jul 2011 22:15 #15 by mopar
in one mile of the same road, you might have 4 different soil conditions to attack, they all don't fix tha same ,, I don't do road work , but drove a big phone line truck,, most times with 28 to 40 ft poles on my trailer ,, each hole I dug to put a pole in was different ,,,I hadda park my digger truck in tha best place to dig ,,sometimes , blocked tha whole road , sometimes needed cops to direct traffic,

like I said in my other post ,, go getta degree in engineering ,, then go out in the field to put school learning into practice , they don't teach ya everything in school .. :biggrin:

20 Jul 2011 22:17 #16 by mopar
I've driven many roads ,, city and way out in country ,, every road I hadda drive on impacted me ,, I hadda work on 'em ,, just off ta tha side to do pole work, :Whistle

20 Jul 2011 22:24 #17 by CC

oh, fergot ,, tha road crew parks trucks in wrong place ,, wadda ya want them to park ,,,1 mile away , then walk to job site ,,

they need tha truck there to do tha job ,,DUH

NOPE....I don't expect them to park a mile away........
I just expect them to park LEGALLY in a manner that does not cause a safety hazard for the community.
I believe there is a posted sign that also says "No parking on this road at any time"

20 Jul 2011 22:26 #18 by otisptoadwater

mopar wrote: in one mile of the same road, you might have 4 different soil conditions to attack, they all don't fix tha same ,, I don't do road work , but drove a big phone line truck,, most times with 28 to 40 ft poles on my trailer ,, each hole I dug to put a pole in was different ,,,I hadda park my digger truck in tha best place to dig ,,sometimes , blocked tha whole road , sometimes needed cops to direct traffic,

like I said in my other post ,, go getta degree in engineering ,, then go out in the field to put school learning into practice , they don't teach ya everything in school .. :biggrin:

Mo has an account here?! There goes the neighborhood! Good to hear from you, ya sum'beach! I have to admit the condition of the roads in Park and Jefferson counties could be better, it does chap my ass to see a crew parked in the middle of a two lane road in the middle of the day patching potholes instead of having the whole section removed and repaved so the problems are fixed not patched. WTF do I know about paving and roadbeds? Absolutely NOTHING! I'll just schlep along with everyone else while the patches are made and wait for the total repairs that will come when Barry finally bankrupts the country and someone else becomes POTUS and puts some programs in place that will hopefully lead to our economic recovery.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

20 Jul 2011 22:32 #19 by Hoot Owl

mopar wrote: in one mile of the same road, you might have 4 different soil conditions to attack, they all don't fix tha same ,, I don't do road work , but drove a big phone line truck,, most times with 28 to 40 ft poles on my trailer ,, each hole I dug to put a pole in was different ,,,I hadda park my digger truck in tha best place to dig ,,sometimes , blocked tha whole road , sometimes needed cops to direct traffic,

Mopar
You started a rant about something you are not familiar with, Again what road are you bitching about?

20 Jul 2011 22:33 #20 by mopar
keep one thing in mind ,,, land developers planned tha roads , not tha county ,, tha county is stuck with what they have to work with ,,

If ya haven't worked outside construction ,, git back on tha porch with tha 'lil dogs ,/ monday morning quarterbacks ,, rofllol

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds