Just when you think...Road and Bridge rant!

20 Jul 2011 22:39 #21 by mopar
and , this is for Hoot Owl, road work is tha same in any county / state ,, all over ,, same bitchin' from tha locals ,, "they're not doing it right" ,, then get hired by your road crew and show 'em tha right way ,,,, :biggrin:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jul 2011 06:29 - 21 Jul 2011 06:50 #22 by LOL
First I am happy they are (finally) working on 43, thanks PC. Do the best you can with the black spray paint and rocks! :)

The roads are not the same in every state and county. I have been all over the roads on trips thru Wyoming, Idaho, Oregon, Utah, Northern AZ/NM and they are worse here in Park County than most of those places. Its not the same everywhere. And it seems to have gotten worse here in the last 5 years. Yea part of it is funding, but part is not setting correct priorities based on heaviest traveled routes, and maintaining the surface coat before the whole base degrades and heaves from water/erosion. There are plugged culverts all over 43/47 area too. JMHO

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

21 Jul 2011 06:49 #23 by Martin Ent Inc
43 was not planned by any builder. It was the old ranch road from the 1800's.
And PC doesn't have the training or can afford it like Jeffco. So we get what we get.

But you do think that common sense would tell you
1. there is a bump there that could be smoothed out befroe we paint the rocks.
2 You should not fill a hole with asphault if it has WATER still in it.
3 If I stand in the middle of the road yapping, moving back and forth, smoking a cig and not watching traffic my ass may get hit.

21 Jul 2011 09:18 #24 by ComputerBreath
There is a place on the south side of Hoosier Pass where the road bed is falling away from the mountain. The road cracks and sinks. This year is the 3rd or 4th time that they've paved over the cracks...but within a year they come back and then they have to "fix" it again.

I'm no engineer, but it makes sense to me for CDOT to figure out what is wrong with the road base that it keeps moving as quickly as it is and to shore it up and "fix" it right so they don't have to re-pave it and give it a temporary fix every year. Maybe there isn't a way to shore it up and re-paving it is the fix... Nah, I don't think so...there's a way to make it so it doesn't crack and fall away.

22 Jul 2011 09:19 #25 by V_A
If you want nice roads move to Jeffco and pay their tax rate or join Park County Road & Bridge and apply your vast knowledge to fixing the problems.

I'm sure all Park County officials are happy to know Becky is back from TX and watching their every move. All Hail Queen Becky.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds