Just when you think...Road and Bridge rant!

19 Jul 2011 14:33 #1 by CC
Just when I think I am going to actually pat Park County Road and Bridge on the back for a job well done.......they screw the pooch.
As many of you know....we are in the middle of a large chip and seal project on Park County 43 that is LOOOOONNNNGGGGG overdue Park County has been doing a pretty good job of getting this accomplished with a minimum of headache for all of us that have to use this road.
For that!!!!! Thank you Road and Bridge.
Now for the rant.
For those of you who live in the Ranchos, you know that the intersection of Hangman and 43 can be a challenge. Today I left the house and as I approached this intersection, I was greeted by 4 large dump trucks parked on the WRONG side of the road half way in my lane causing me to have to straddle halfway into the oncoming lane to make a left turn onto 43. This is somewhat of a blind curve and the likely hood of a head on with someone making that turn into the subdivision rose sharply. When I rolled my window down to mention that the parking situation was dangerous, I was laughed at. I ended up having to call Park County Sheriff Dept to get the situation resolved.
Most anyone I talked to was a smart ass. Guess it all starts at the top and drips down.
It sure would have been nice to say something nice for a change about these guys.....OH well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jul 2011 15:20 #2 by LOL
Yep this is week 2. Looks like they are making good progress but it sucks driving thru it. I left at 12:30 for the grocery run and it was quiet and open since they were having lunch. Coming back was slow, one lane and dusty. Oh well, needs to be done. And Shaffers crossing is looking great.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

19 Jul 2011 15:23 #3 by CC
I really think they are doing a good job on 43. Pretty painless judging from years past. It was their lunch time that caused the issue on Hangman. They had parked their trucks to enjoy their lunch. I didn't have aproblem with them parking or having lunch.....just where they decided to park.

19 Jul 2011 16:53 #4 by HappyCamper
Watch out though, I got a pretty good chip in the window as many people feel it is a highway and the truck going the other direction flipped it up at me.

It was raining cats and dogs and I would bet he was still doing 50 or over. Good thing I have a zero deductable on glass.

19 Jul 2011 17:19 #5 by CC
Yeppers....Everyone has to agree to go slow darn it. Sorry for the chipped window.

19 Jul 2011 17:52 #6 by Sunshine Girl

Becky wrote: .......they screw the pooch.

rofllol :lol: rofllol :lol: rofllol :lol: I've never heard that phrase before! Too funny.....

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

19 Jul 2011 18:50 #7 by Martin Ent Inc
The other day the guy stepped to the side and flagged us on, a few hundred yards later we met on coming traffic in the same lane... :VeryScared: rofllol

19 Jul 2011 19:37 #8 by jf1acai
What we have here is a failure to communicate :wink:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

20 Jul 2011 07:45 #9 by Let the Wildlife run PC
Over on Rosalie I called it "spray painted over dips and ruts" that are still bad from the last time they were "suppose" to fill them in. I think they thought they were going to "fool" us, lol !! And it goes all the way down Sleepy Hollow, the ruts and dips, you just have to hang on to your steering wheel. But all they did was a nice black spray paint job over here. Hey, is their any experience required to work with Road and Bridge?

20 Jul 2011 08:13 #10 by Martin Ent Inc
Yes you must NOT be able to get a job anywhere else.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds