New from across the US

21 Jul 2011 23:15 #11 by MichiganGal
Replied by MichiganGal on topic New from across the US

Science Chic wrote: It was nice to have met you while you were visiting MichiganGal! I'm happy to hear you've had a good visit, and do hope you keep checking in once you're back home - we'll keep you up-to-date on goings-on in the mountains! :sunshine: Safe travels!

Good company, Good food what more can you ask for! Oh and the beautiful country side is to die for! Thanks a bunch!

Never Say Never

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jul 2011 23:26 #12 by otisptoadwater

MichiganGal wrote:

otisptoadwater wrote: Welcome to Colorado, even if it's only for a few days. Last time I checked you can get to this web site from just about any place in the world that has Internet connectivity (even Aurora...) so you don't have to stop coming to the web site just because you aren't in Colorado!

Did you bring any Koegel's pickled red hots or pickled bologna with you?! How about some Red Pop? Did anyone rebuild the Frankenmuth brewry after it burned down (damn shame, that place made fantastic beer!)? What's more expensive? A four day trip to Colorado or four days and three nights on Mackinac Island? Is it true that the high temp in Iron City was 87F today? I don't think it stopped snowing in the UP until August...

I packed light! My husband ate all the Koegel's one of our favorites! Yes the brewery is up and running, $$ Mackinaw Island, free if you are the governor! Yep too darn hot back home, I hope it blows eastward by next Wednesday! Actually two years ago we were in the Keweenaw and it was 114F....... you know they don't even own shorts/ bathing suits there, but they were cutting off their pants and jumping in to cool off, what a site to see! You know if I could find a "Free" lol home here that would accommodate my 4- horses I would call Colorado my new home, we all know that is not going to happen but we can dream! Take Care!

If you are looking for the Rocky Mountain equivalent or Mackinaw island try Estes Park. Otherwise I recommend a meal and drinks at the Bucksnort, Tommy Knockers, and Beau Jo's. The high country has plenty to offer by way of hiking and trails. On your way back to the airport I recommend a visit to Red Rocks amphitheater, it's a one of a kind place and should not be missed. I'd recommend lunch at the Morison Inn but the quality of service and food has suffered recently so I'd opt for something else along the way to the airport.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

22 Jul 2011 22:17 #13 by MichiganGal
Thank you for the recommendations! I do visit the Bucksnort each year, and love it! I have the rest on the list! Take Care,

Never Say Never

23 Jul 2011 07:19 #14 by RivendaleFarms
Welcome, MichiganGal! I see you're from Holly - I grew up in Clarkston and still have family in Goodrich and also up in Traverse City. A lot of us former Michiganders otr here, hope you enjoy your visit!

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

23 Jul 2011 09:36 #15 by MichiganGal

RivendaleFarms wrote: Welcome, MichiganGal! I see you're from Holly - I grew up in Clarkston and still have family in Goodrich and also up in Traverse City. A lot of us former Michiganders otr here, hope you enjoy your visit!

I have been coming out here for the past 5 years to visit my wonderful friends and love every minute of my time spent here! I can see why there are many that migrate to this beautiful place! I live in Rose Township, mailing address of Holly. Do you have sheep? or is the picture of a young lama? I use to have 30-head but got out of it when the wool prices went to the basement! I miss them, but I am busy with my horses right now.

Never Say Never

23 Jul 2011 10:20 #16 by RivendaleFarms
We have alpacas, they're about half the size of llamas, but great fiber animals. I knit and recently started learning to spin. What kind of sheep did you raise?

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

24 Jul 2011 09:14 #17 by MichiganGal

MichiganGal wrote: Just want to say "hi", if only for a couple of weeks. This is my 5th year visiting My friends who are so dear to me. I am such a lucky person to be able experience this beautiful place!
I am all about Animals, my husband calls me "Dr. Do Little", so I most likely will be hanging out in the animal related forums.
Back home in Michigan I drive a school bus, and own a horse tack store. [url=http://tackemupconsignment.tripod.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://tackemupconsignment.tripod.com[/url]
I am also a retired Fire Fighter, MFR, Hazmat certified. I had to give up the fire fighting to pursue my business, not an easy decision after 12 years.
Anyways, I am glad to see the 285 Bound site that offers this public service! Happy Surfing! :heart:

I can also be found on Face Book:
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/LuvMyHorse

Never Say Never

24 Jul 2011 10:26 #18 by MellowYellow
Replied by MellowYellow on topic New from across the US
:biggrin: MichiganGal is my "bestest" friend! She was our neighbor when Neptunechimney's military career took us to Michigan in 1989 and we've been close ever since! She attempted to use PC the first year she came to visit Colorado after we moved but wasn't ever able to successfully log in and gave up. Well, 285bound is MUCH more "user" friendly! It's ALWAYS a pleasure to have her as our houseguest each summer!

28 Jul 2011 12:59 #19 by MichiganGal

MichiganGal wrote: Just want to say "hi", if only for a couple of weeks. This is my 5th year visiting My friends who are so dear to me. I am such a lucky person to be able experience this beautiful place!
I am all about Animals, my husband calls me "Dr. Do Little", so I most likely will be hanging out in the animal related forums.
Back home in Michigan I drive a school bus, and own a horse tack store. [url=http://tackemupconsignment.tripod.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://tackemupconsignment.tripod.com[/url]
I am also a retired Fire Fighter, MFR, Hazmat certified. I had to give up the fire fighting to pursue my business, not an easy decision after 12 years.
Anyways, I am glad to see the 285 Bound site that offers this public service! Happy Surfing! :heart:

Well I am back home in Michigan, and all I have to say is "YUCK"! Hot, Humid, Cloudy mix all the above and you have a bad day! Guess I shouldn't complain too much since his has not rained here in almost a month.
I am very much appreciative of the weather back in Colorado that is for sure, and miss my friends once again. I will keep checking back often so I can keep up on what is going on. Take Care see you all soon! :wave:

Never Say Never

28 Jul 2011 13:32 #20 by RivendaleFarms
Glad you had a safe trip back - I don't miss that Michigan summer humidity one li'l bit. We'll keep an eye out here for you to stay in touch!

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds